Tamiya 1/350 king george v

The thing with Eduard (and others) is that the designers seem to delight in making the smallest, most obscure items possible - possibly just to see if anyone is stupid / skilled enough to use everything. I certainly never do!

Cracking work nuts, keep going!

Hi all here is the next update,

This sub assy is finished (well as much as I'm prepared to do) I like the unpainted brass standing out against the weathered painted parts, i just wish I had the skills to use all the PE (although to be honest I don't think you would notice the bits I've left out)

rkues5.jpg

2hgye5k.jpg

33xu2wk.jpg

ftljx4.jpg

3163hco.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the next sub assy I'm going to attack

inbgvq.jpg

t0qmq0.jpg

The eduard PE comes with PE Oerlikons but I like the kit ones

2zrkqa0.jpg

One of the reasons is the barrels on the kit parts are round also the PE parts are too thin.

I'm adding some of the PE to the kit Oerlikons to make them more realistic (I could add more PE to it but it's soooooooooooooooooòoo small I've left it off)( of course a lot of modellers would be able to add it but I don't have the skills)

11u7o85.jpg

1629w60.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I love the look of the PE against the paintwork, and your skills with the PE are clearly top notch, even when there's no good instruction!

Keep it up.

Geoff 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all proof I've not given up on this.

Here is one of the four pom poms on the next part (they just take so long)

dytb4g.jpg

Here are the unfolded magazine casings for the rest of them 

2ltsqba.jpg

Here they are folded

15gqs1z.jpg

Now I just have to cut the magazine's themselves and bend them then fit them, oh and then cut out and bend the body's, then cut off the magazine's off the plastic parts, oh then bend the cages for the magazines.

I really don't think I will do PE pompoms again.

I saw somewhere where someone makes resin and PE pompoms for 1/700 scale ships that have 100+ parts, including metal barrels. Whoever undertakes those is either a hero or totally insane, or maybe a masochist.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit of a catastrophe on this one missus knocked one of the sub assemblies off the bench, i can't find the pe range finder also can't find the bit the crane is held between on the 2 bits that both broke off to say I'm annoyed is an understatement, i was going to try and finish the Oerlikons this weekend, also some of the pe mast stuff is missing or bent (hopefully I can straighten that out.

IMG-20181124-4358.jpg
IMG-20181124-27682.jpg
IMG-20181124-36193.jpg

Not sure what else is missing I'm hoping anything else won't notice.

• Sad 1