1/72 Revell Typhoon DA4

Hello folks.

I have just finished this build of Revells DA4, ZH590 2 seat prototype as I believe it looked when carryring out air/air refuelling tests.

The build was to be out the box but I somehow managed to bugger it up so I acquired the earlier boxing of this kit to use as a donor but found it to be different,so off to the after market guys I toddled and found a vac form canopy, which I also butchered but it was salvageable...only one corner being a obvious mismatch. 

I then used the wing from the earlier kit to trace the pattern on top of the port wing and then transferring the masking tape with pattern to the kit wing, it was very fiddly but I think I pulled it off.

Paints used were Tamiya with Alclad Gloss and Flat coat and all finished with a home made wash.

The decals are a mix from several sources as the kit one were often oversized and I did not notice until they were on....the next morning! In my attempt to remove them I also removed some paint so a repair job was the order of the day. There are some roundels missing from the underside wing surface, these will be placed when I get some as there were not enough on the kit sheet.

The instrumentation pod and the ASRAAM were both scratch built but that was about it with regard to pimping up the build.

One last point, while taking pics this morning my improvised photo booth blew apart and took the kit with it, so a mini rebuild started this morning so sorry for the poor pictures.

On the whole a very enjoyable build.

Thanks for looking.

DSC_0011

DSC_0005

DSC_0004

DSC_0001

DSC_0006

DSC_0009

DSC_0010

• Like 17

• 3 weeks later...