Do-26 Seeadler taxiing on water

Nils

While I’ll keep the Me-110 in the waiting box for a while and deciding it’s faith, I went back to another of my unfinished projects and trying to make something of my Dornier Do-26 Seeadler model. One of the two last Dornier 26 «Mōwe», which were sunk in the Narvik area, april 1940. It’s wreck still lies on the seabed up there.

This model is several years old, the first I did in Modo, since then I’ve come back to it many times, fixing it here and there. I see I would have done  it very differently if I’ve done it again today. This is how it looks now, taxiing on water just after landing. This must be the summer of ‘39 as it was sunk in the spring  and the light indicates summer sun.

Do-26_Taxiing on water

Edited by Nils
  • Like 10

Thanks a lot chaps glad you liked this rather rare sea bird. There weren't too many around, only 6 built, which of none survived WW2.

This plane was the V1 (prototype 1) and later rebuilt to suit Luftwaffe standards, to armament and accomodation.

With a range of 9000km, the V2 Seefalke flew non stop from Germany to Chile with medical equipment, after the big earthquake there in february 1939.

The trip got a lot of attention and PR, surely a great PR stunt for german tecnology at the time.

Edited by Nils