Sherman tanks in the PTO ...

Etienne

Hello gents,

thank you all for your comments ... 😉

Not too much work this week but I added the sand bag load from milliput today, will now need paint and weathering !

img_1319.jpg
img_1320.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 6

Hi,

took some time to paint and weather the whole sandbag load ... and add the chicken wire over the hatches 😎

Will try to do better photos tomorrow but here is the result for the time being ...

img_1321.jpg
img_1322.jpg
img_1323.jpg
img_1324.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 9

Thank you all for your comments and likes 😉

Good news for all Sherman addicts, MasterClub will add VVSS tracks to their high quality offer, see there ... https://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=269934

I tried hard to shoot better photos of my Shermans, but no way to achieve something acceptable ... here is the trio anyway

img_1325.jpg

Cheers, E 

• Like 8

Hello gents,

no update today, I dind't even touch a scale model this week end ... drove my children on holidays and today I enjoyed the beautiful weather riding my 1:1 bike model 😎

photo_10.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 3

Hello,

last step of weathering for the Shermans, DUST !! ... I finished the M4A3 first 😎

img_1332.jpg
img_1333.jpg
img_1331.jpg
img_1334.jpg

... and then dusted the two M4A2 😋

img_1337.jpg
img_1336.jpg
img_1338.jpg
img_1340.jpg
img_1339.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Hamden said:

Really stunning result real show stoppers!

Roger

Thanks Roger ... took me more than 6 months to build those 3, happy you like the result 😉

10 hours ago, Soeren said:

Great finish on these two models.  But your cycles as well.  The sole is a titanium frame? Carbon rims etc.

Thanks 😎 ... and for the bike, yes : titanium Solera frame (by Titus), Corima carbon rims with Tune hubs, Dura Ace group, Syntace stem and handlebar ... everything build by myself including the wheels 😋

27 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Absolutely superb Etienne. All three look great. The weathering is spot on. Taking the photos outdoors has really lightened the A3.

John.

Hi John, thanks a lot for your comment ... particularly as you bear some of the responsability for my Sherman addiction 😁

I still have 2 others in the assembly line however but not sure about what to do with them 🤔

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

What are they?

A late big hatches M4A2 and another M4A3 ... both Dragon kits.

Will probably go to a Saipan-Tinian one and another for the Okinawa campaign ... still wondering and gathering period pictures 🤔

E

• Like 1