Greetings from Dorset

Chewbacca

First started modelling when I was  about 6 or 7 - it was the Airfix HMS COSSACK IIRC.  Painted it  - and most of my mother's kitchen worktop(!) - gloss black because that was the only paint I had.  Until I left home and went off to join the Navy when i was 18, I modelled prolifically and even started a Model Club at my school which I was proud to hear was still going 10 years ago - not sure if it is now though.  Got back into modelling in 2005 when after a major road traffic accident I was off work for 9 months and after the first couple of days after coming out of hospital I needed something to regain sanity from daytime TV!

Online, I was one of the original members of the Airfix Tribute Forum and learnt a huge amount from the people on there but after they were stuffed last year by their ISP and were forced to move the forums to Tapatalk, I just can't get on with it and have been posting (and reading) less and less though its still a great community of fantastic people.  I'd looked at Britmodeller many times over the years but most times I'd tried to open any of the topics my anti-virus software blocked it with a warning about trojans.  Fortunately that warning seems to have gone away and so now seemed the ideal time to join.

After 30+ years in uniform, most in the Fleet Air Arm, though now in civvy street, my main modelling interests are anything to do with the RN or Naval Aviation in general.  Preferred scales are 1/600 for ships and 1/48 for aircraft. 

• Like 2