Photobucket picture wipe out.. Work around found it seems

Mods apologies if posting this isnt allowed.. I just thought many BM'ers would appreciate this workaround.

Gents, Ive been trying to look at some of the excellent models in some of the older Group build albums, I was perturbed to see that photobucket had wiped out large chunks of the image galleries :(

A bit of googling found me on reddit looking at the musings of many a disgruntled forum user, they posted this chrome extension 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Now I've added this to my browser (not sure if a version exists for firefox etc.) I can happily look at images on here without coming across the dreaded ''please upgrade your account to third party hosting''

Cheers chaps! :yes:

Edited by degsye39
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Curiously got a message from them, with new offers, which are quoted as Introductory, colour me super sceptical, but I would want to know what the future price will be, if it stayed at that I would probably take it up, but no way can I trust them to do that, they have been trying ever since the great Ransom debacle to get us back, but they are not to be trusted in my opinion.

http://photobucket.com/beginner-plan/

One thing that did happen though is that they did put up all the photos again without the ransomware, now I need to figure out how I can get some back, that I lost a while back

2 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Curiously got a message from them, with new offers, which are quoted as Introductory, colour me super sceptical, but I would want to know what the future price will be, if it stayed at that I would probably take it up, but no way can I trust them to do that, they have been trying ever since the great Ransom debacle to get us back, but they are not to be trusted in my opinion.

http://photobucket.com/beginner-plan/

One thing that did happen though is that they did put up all the photos again without the ransomware, now I need to figure out how I can get some back, that I lost a while back

I got the same eMail from Photobucket stating that they had allowed them to bee seen again rather than the ransomware warning, however some are visible and some I still get the ransomware banner.

I'm looking for a fairly stable site to host pictures I put on forums, but I'm not sure I trust Photobucket, and now Flickr and Smugmug have joined I don't know what their future holds.

I don't mind paying for the service so long as it's not extortionate.

Karl

• Like 2