Hello from the Netherlands

Space-Monkey

Good day everyone,

I'm Peter from the Netherlands and as a teenager I rather enjoyed building models, but I haven't built one for well over 25 years. Lately I've been thinking more and more about picking up my old hobby again, so among other things I've started perusing various modelling sites. Since it's only fair to not only glean the various builds, techniques, tips and tricks from other modelers, but share some as well I've just joined Britmodeller.

It may take a while for me to start posting any builds, I'm currently collecting a number of models (and associated after market products, don't recall there being so much after market resin, brasin, detailing and decal sets 25 year ago :huh:) and of course the various tools of the trade to actually be able to build those models. Slowly getting there. Need to create a dedicated place in the house as well: as a teenager my building site was rather migratory, painting a model surrounded by my mathematics homework one day and trying to put a canopy on a model in the kitchen whilst Mom was trying to fix diner the next, so this time I'm going to have a desk where I can start and stop modelling at my leisure (and without the risk of spilling glue on the potatoes ;)).

My main interests are modern jets and bombers and I'm starting to build up a nice little stash of them (well, actually quite a big stash to be honest...B)), in various scales. For sentimental reasons I've got a 1/200 MT "Smit Rotterdam/London" to build as well (spent a year on the London as an apprentice) and out of sheer awesomeness (IMHO) the 1/48 Trumpeter U-boat Type VIIc U-552 with the transparent starboard side is on my wish list as well. Since I bought the Eduard BID ED set yesterday (with some other stuff for my various jet models), I'm afraid I'm totally committed to buying and building this model :D.

I'm looking forward to sharing some of my (hopefully adequate) builds and learning from the more experienced (and/or talented) modelers on this forum.

Best regards,

Peter.

• Like 2

:welcome: aboard Peter - good to have you here.  We've got quite a large contingent from your country, so you'll probably find some familiar faces/avatar pictures :)

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

:welcome: aboard Peter - good to have you here.  We've got quite a large contingent from your country, so you'll probably find some familiar faces/avatar pictures :)

5 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

It will get bigger..trust me!

Welcome to BM Peter.

Thanks you gents and yes indeed, I've already noted a collection has the awkward tendency to keep growing, whether it's the models or their after market parts :worry:

• Like 1

Welcome Peter, from a fellow Dutchman. Lots of people here have rebooted their modelling careers so you'll fit right in. Jump in the deep end and start posting your builds, the feedback is encouraging. It sounds like you have more than enough boxes to open :-)

22 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Welcome Peter, from a fellow Dutchman. Lots of people here have rebooted their modelling careers so you'll fit right in. Jump in the deep end and start posting your builds, the feedback is encouraging. It sounds like you have more than enough boxes to open :-)

Thanks Jeroen, like I said it may take another few months to get started, but I've got plenty of boxes to open, plenty of "brilliant" ideas to build the models, so I'm sure to post some things in the future B).

:welcome:, Peter, to Britmodeller from Joe in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. You are very typical of the members here(took up hobby, break, return); so, you should fit in just fine. It's a great place to be. You will fine a wealth of knowledge and help here. My interests are 1/72nd scale aircraft, any era. I look forward to your builds, comments. and questions.

Joe