To see the dawn again: Halifax III 462 Sqn RAAF

I have never been to Ikea. Although I've never deliberately avoided them, it's now been so long that I feel an irrational urge to keep away. Quite odd.

I did a little work tonight; nothing really worth reporting on, but as I was re-researching the colour of the ABC aerials (I could have sworn I had a source that said they were metal, but I can no longer find it), I came across this rather esoteric garb:

https://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/airborne+cigar-1711-mplb+men-s+t-shirt-D59f3645ec805636f74e6f4d1?sellable=ekvd45vRQrtz158pLZaD-bQHq&appearance=17&color=3450B5&view=1

I may have to get one, just 'cos.

• Like 2

Can't recall where I first got wind of those Ikea lamps, but I was looking at some of those cheapo work lights from Amazon and they have such mixed reviews I was dissuaded. Obvs would've liked one of those fancy-pants daylight multi-reflactor architects lamps that are mucho $$$, but I'm not sure She Who Must Be Obeyed would've been so keen. The Ikea ones are pretty decent, and the bulbs seem really good. I have had a number of LED bulbs in various light fittings over the last 10 years, and frankly most of them have been a huge disappointment - 50hz flicker, bad colour rendering, etc - but these seem good for close-up work. 

• Like 1