Garmilas Astro Battle Cruisers

Hi folks,

I've been running around like a mad thing organising Scale Models Expo and haven't really had the mental energy to finish any of my ongoing projects, but I did want to build something new for the show. So I started these on Wednesday night and finished them before midnight on Friday. For me that's unspeakably quick :)

I would have waited to take proper pictures but that didn't seem to be in the spirit of the adventure so here in all their awful glory are my mobile 'phone shots of the models on the table at Expo.

40887563014_1261c478b6_b.jpg

(Kelkavia class High Speed Astro Battle Cruiser)

40887563004_a9dee164bd_b.jpg

(Destoria class Heavy Astro Battle Cruiser)

No, they didn't win anything and nor did they deserve to! But they're big and green and they give my Cosmo Fleet something to shoot at. I will produce some studio pictures on Monday hopefully.

Here are the promised pics of the Kelkapia (or is it Kelkavia?) class, unfortunately I broke something on the bigger one while trying to get the guns on the side better aligned. I've mended it but need to touch up the paint, and I'll fix a couple of other haste-induced mistakes at the same time.

27775032158_2d3d9749b1_b.jpg

40933147394_dc8dde7145_b.jpg

40933148764_e8c753c9ac_b.jpg

(click for more/bigger)

There's a lot of dust on the surfaces, I think the varnish probably hadn't had time to cure before being introduced to the busy atmosphere of the show - I don't usually have quite this many problems. I cleaned them up as best I could and removed the rest in Lightroom like the dirty cheat I am :P

Cheers,

Will

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

For me that's unspeakably quick

Faster than light builds then?

They look great to me.

Though does the Destoria have the bulldozer blade on backwards? :D

:) It seems unlikely to be much good for pushing doesn't it? I think I prefer the skinny one despite the 26 individual prickles I had to stick on to it.

W

• Like 1

Thanks folks, I think speed definitely causes a few problems but it's nice to know I can manage it at times. I've posted some better pics above, and one more below. Unfortunately the Destoria class suffered a little battle damage which I need to repair hence the lack of follow up on that one.

41643252481_a8abfb28c4_b.jpg

Will

• Like 1