SMER Breguet 693.

A classic French Fighter of WW2, this depicts action,  prvni serioy stroj-leto 1939. Note no roundels on the side of the fuselage...

photo1-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Pat,

you sure must have had fun with this kit, as it is a rather challenging one. But you did well, as it looks like a 693 from end to end!

You obviously took some liberty with the camo colors, but there are no laws against free will in the UK. 

When there were no roundels on the fuselage side, a unit badge should have taken their place. But exceptions were legions...

Well done.

JR

8 hours ago, polo1112 said:

Any canopy framing ?

Too small for me to do!

5 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Pat,

you sure must have had fun with this kit, as it is a rather challenging one. But you did well, as it looks like a 693 from end to end!

You obviously took some liberty with the camo colors, but there are no laws against free will in the UK. 

When there were no roundels on the fuselage side, a unit badge should have taken their place. But exceptions were legions...

Well done.

JR

Hi Jean. The kit was easy to build after stacks of flash was removed! The decal instructions for this version shows no roundels on the fuselage. I know nothing of unit badges or legions, sorry.

• Like 1

I built the same model and I remember the fight. yours could be the brother of mine.raised nails ,bolts ,screws ,whatever is the right word. mine has roundels on the fuselage.I had put mine on the companioning stand too,maybe it was the heller kit. it is an old kit ,and that can be seen .I experimented with a little dry-brushing when it was finished ,using alluminium coloured paint .it turned out quite nicely with all those nails,-rivets!that's the word!- and it was certainly an improvement. I have no picture of it in my archives on the pc .if you're interested I could show you a picture of it later ,just let me know. I am a fan of the colours the french had chosen for their planes in WWII. now hataka has a serie lacquer paints of those colours .I myself use[d] the hataka acrylic french colours paint set,they are nice I think .I tried their polish coloured lacquer paint series and became very enthousiastic about the results I got and now the lacquer french colours serie is very tempting to me too. I have shown here on britmodeller a polish los bomber that I finished lately with those lacquer paints. are there more french planes in your files? I will have a look later. now I must take the news to my breguet 693 that it has a brother now!

36 minutes ago, Emily-Emma silverscreen said:

I built the same model and I remember the fight. yours could be the brother of mine.raised nails ,bolts ,screws ,whatever is the right word. mine has roundels on the fuselage.I had put mine on the companioning stand too,maybe it was the heller kit. it is an old kit ,and that can be seen .I experimented with a little dry-brushing when it was finished ,using alluminium coloured paint .it turned out quite nicely with all those nails,-rivets!that's the word!- and it was certainly an improvement. I have no picture of it in my archives on the pc .if you're interested I could show you a picture of it later ,just let me know. I am a fan of the colours the french had chosen for their planes in WWII. now hataka has a serie lacquer paints of those colours .I myself use[d] the hataka acrylic french colours paint set,they are nice I think .I tried their polish coloured lacquer paint series and became very enthousiastic about the results I got and now the lacquer french colours serie is very tempting to me too. I have shown here on britmodeller a polish los bomber that I finished lately with those lacquer paints. are there more french planes in your files? I will have a look later. now I must take the news to my breguet 693 that it has a brother now!

Thanks for your comments. The SMER kit does not include a stand, my brush paints are Revell and Humbrol, I have no other French aircraft as I build very few planes, only when I am fed up building cars! I you have a photo of your build I would like to see it.

I see ,you are a car-man.like my neighbour ,the man who makes the photographs for me of my output. I will see what will be possible in showing my breguet ,maybe tomorrow already ,but that is not a promise. you will see when it succeeds. on cars one uses very different paints and colours [like gloss ,metallic] than on tanks+aircraft I myself have dozens of humbrol tins enamel-those I like most- and the modern acrylics from vallejo ,ag/mig and the very best in my opinion in acrylic type ,lifeclour paints. I remember from my brother .he too was ,no ,still is crazy about cars and built dozens of them.I have some of his old tins and use them very sparsely for my aeroplanes or tanks/armoured cars etc, maybe I can imagine  a role for using them on modern planes or passenger planes ,but my taste lies  mostly in propellor driven aeroplanes ,up till WWII, but there are some exceptions in my collection and my taste [tsr ,that kind of futuristic objects from the past -1950-ies/1960-ies- ,the valkyrie!!! .tanks I build too and I made one stutz bearcat! and that one was done only when I finally could find on the internet what car sweet jane and jack were driving in. after decennia wondering which thing it was they were driving , I had to have one when I finally knew the words! good luck, till the next time ,soon probably

Hopefully see your builds on here soon E-E silverscreen!

hi mr pat, here as promised my interpretation of the heller/azur/smer breguet 693. I re-started this hobby three maybe four years ago ,after I had discovered in 1960-ies and my teens the existence of airfix kits. this was one of the first planes that I built fter starting again,looking for rusty memories of how to do things.things like weathering ,dry brushing ,using an airbrush,photo etch and a lot more are new to me.the breguet is brush painted ,the potez en the leo+oliver are airbrushed. paints on the breguet are enamels from humbrol,I'll show you two french heller planes that were painted with the hataka french colours acrylic paints set . maybe you understand ,looking at my breguet ,that seeing your creation made me think of my own breguet? old and tested workhorse of an airforce that just had lost a war...... ppZSdba.jpg  and Chfz7fv.jpg and  bmxQzTo.jpg   I see these are not the best photo's ever made ,and I am sorry for that.I did not do it myself ,which is a pretty lame excuse I guess? to give you an impression of the vivid colours that the hataka acrylics produced ,some pictures in which all six colours can be seen .succes ,and good luck with your creative projects and till a next time! 5HX9CSu.jpg  and  kiLjYJs.jpg   and   livSqAy.jpg  and  bDA22x1.jpg

Edited by Emily-Emma silverscreen
  • Like 1

Hi E-E silverscreen, don't apologise for the photo's they look OK. You've made a great job of both builds. Well used and well finished battle planes.