NEW FROM WINGNUT WINGS

krow113

Those kits are good news! I will be adding them to my WnW collection as and when they appear :D I do like a nice figure and the chance to get another OOP Tripehoud or two is excellent news.

Are these kits what was alluded to in the 'Wingnut Wings announcement' thread or is there still more to come?

• Like 3

Got me wondering though if that is it for Wingnut delights until next year or will some other wonder be pulled out of the bag to separate un Wingnutters from our pennies :D I have to admit the 'cloak and dagger' stuff is frustrating but it does keep a certain spice to life at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2018 at 15:26, Duncan B said:

It will be interesting to see how these are priced. My understanding from reading elsewhere is that the decal options are more limited (obvious I suppose) but that is offset by the figures, there may or may not be extra P/E included. 

Understandably some folk are over the moon that they'll get another chance at buying these kits and others are claiming it's a Hasenuts/Wingagama marketing ploy. It's true what they say about not being able to please all the folk etc!

At least everyone got Manfred and a triplane as expected eh :)

Duncan B

From memory, talking to Richard on Sunday, they are all single decal options EXCEPT the Albatros which contains decals for 5 aircraft plus decals for the Roden DR1 Triplane. Data is on the side of the box, you'll have to find a picture...

Edited by Jo NZ
Roden not Eduard....
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jo NZ said:

From memory, talking to Richard on Sunday, they are all single decal options EXCEPT the Albatros which contains decals for 5 aircraft plus decals for the Eduard Triplane. Data is on the side of the box, you'll have to find a picture...

If that's the case, and the  front of the Collishaw boxing is accurate, it's a strange decision to model only N533 and not N5490 or N5492.  Especially considering Roden provide markings (and, presumably the extra machine gun) for the exact same bus. He had far more success with N5490 or N5492, and no one really liked the two-gun version... 

• Like 2

I claim no affiliation , friendship , business aquaintanceship , etc , etc  to WNW .

I get this stuff offa the web just like anyone else , if you can find pix related to this by all means post them up!

I'm both very disappointed and excited by this news. None of the planes float my boat but love the quality of the figures.  I just have to wait for the Camels to sell out and then WNW will bring out the Camel version with an excellently sculpted figure of Biggles and I'll be as happy as Larry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Folkbox1 said:

I'm both very disappointed and excited by this news. None of the planes float my boat but love the quality of the figures.  I just have to wait for the Camels to sell out and then WNW will bring out the Camel version with an excellently sculpted figure of Biggles and I'll be as happy as Larry

you know Biggles wasn't real, right? 

• Like 2

I expect WNW will make another announcement...certainly they have indicated something at the Shiozuka show.  WNW has a certain amount of design capacity, and it's not all accounted for.  Which implies a new release.  Viper-powered SE.5a, maybe.  Be.2c.  Hell, even a Fokker Triplane (though I think they are saving that one).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HMSLion said:

I expect WNW will make another announcement...certainly they have indicated something at the Shiozuka show.  WNW has a certain amount of design capacity, and it's not all accounted for.  Which implies a new release.  Viper-powered SE.5a, maybe.  Be.2c.  Hell, even a Fokker Triplane (though I think they are saving that one).

Yes

And I think it will be a big one, one for everyone's taste , a bomb! er.

21 hours ago, krow113 said:

Yes

And I think it will be a big one, one for everyone's taste , a bomb! er.

I don't think so.  The way I figure it, WNW has only a certain amount of design capacity.  Assuming that retail price is roughly proportional to design resources, we come up with the following ratios:  Single seat fighter = 1, multi seat/single engine = 1.5, multi-engine = 3, new markings/modification = 0.5.

Consumption for 2018:  Junkers = 1, Four new sets of markings = 2.  Remaining resources = 2.  Not enough for a bomber.  

• Haha 3

You've probably all had the email from WNW by now and they are saying they hope to set the price at about the same as for single seat fighters.  There will also be another big announcement at the Shizuoka show in Japan in May

For anyone interested in further speculation:

32601 - Albatros D.V Richtoven

32602 - ???

32603 - Fokker E.II Immelmann

32604 - ???

32605 - ???

32606 - AMC DH.2 Lanoe Hawker

32607 - Sopwith Triplane Collishaw

• Like 2

If they do more of these personality-figure/resurrected-kit combos, perhaps Mannock with an SE5a.

Edited by Ted
  • Like 1

Ah , the Vimy .

End of conflict so it may not qualify.

But thinking on it , a 1/32 Vimy would be cool , and yes could prove to be a best seller

I have the T.C. models 1/48 resin kit and it could be a show stopper if built properly.

McCudden also flew the DH.2... but his iconic ships were Hissos so that'd be one I'd expect to see. I'm content with the Encore version, but it's OOP. Stan Dallas few a Hisso, and it was camouflaged. That'd be an interesting one. 

What I'd REALLY like to see, my number 1 dream is a Pithey and Rhodes RE.8.

• Like 1