Tamiya Panzer IV Ausf D

Hamden

Got a little bit of time this week and added the radio operators seat base although it can't be seen, have left off the separate seat back as this was missing when recovered  for restoration. The two halves of the hull have been joined, a couple of small gaps filled, primed and started the weathering and painting process.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Will try to post some better pics: later if I have time, if not there will be a gap in this project as I'm getting ready for a holiday to Canada.

Thanks for stopping by

Roger 

• Like 3

A little more weathering done, it's starting to look like the wreck before restoration that I'm trying to portray!

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Off to Canada Thursday so this won't progress any further for week or two.

Thanks for stopping by it's much appreciated 

Roger

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

It'''s been a while but now I'm back from holiday in Canada I've had a little bench time and managed some more weathering on the hull

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Next up will be work on the running gear

Thanks for taking the time to stop by

Roger

• Like 7

I'd junk it Roger. With all that rust, they'll never be able to restore it.:o

Nicely done, and convincing too. I've walked around the yard at Saumur a few times and there are one or two in that condition.

John.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This project is drawing to a close, the running  gear is now on and weathered. Here are some pictures of the current state of play together with the base it will be mounted on.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

I have  a few links of individual link plastic track links which I still need to put together paint and weather then attach to the base with maybe some of the hatches.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement through out this project, particularly Bill (@perdu) and Dan (@dads203) who gave me the confidence to attempt this project, which I don't think turned out to bad.

Roger

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Bill it's down to yours and DADS203 encouragement to give me the confidence to try this.

DH Mosquito and Challenger 2 next once Pussy Cat is across the line!

Roger

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gav G said:

Home made lathe?

Lathe is what is known as a beading lathe meant for turning wooden beads. This was a purchase recommended by @TheBaron on one of his builds. They are available from Evil Bay or Amazon amongst others at reasonable cost.

The rust was done by using Vallejo German red/brown primer base then very thin Panzer Grey sprayed in corners then using LifeColour rust and dust set as directed on the box, as always less is more. The interior was done the same way but using an off white colour. 

Hope that helps and thanks for your interest.

Roger

Edited by Hamden
  • Like 1