1/144 - Tupolev Tu-4 "Bull" by Mars Models - 3D renders+box art

Homebee

They could have a lot of fun with this. I wonder whether they'll do the Chinese turboprop version, or the various Soviet TU-4s converted to carry early cruise missiles, experimental rocket propelled aircraft etc. Maybe they will also release the TU-70/75 passenger variant, and the 'missing link' between the TU-4 and the 'Bear'- TU-80/85 too. That would be cool!

Edited by Killingholme

Well, Minicraft have one but it dates back half a century.  Fujimi do a better one.  Minicraft itself promises a 'new tool' B-29 but who knows what that entails.   Is there any external variation with the Tu-4?  I understood there was not.

Is there any external variation with the Tu-4?  I understood there was not.

The engines are different - Shvetsov ASh-73TK radials in place of the Wright R-3350's - and the the B-29's .50 Brownings were replaced by 20mm (later 23mm) cannons.

But, visually (especially in 1:144 scale) there is no difference.

This is the 1/72nd Academy B-29 that I 'converted' to a Tu-4.......

tu-4_01.jpg

Even more drastic is this Tu-91 'Boot' testbed........

Tu-91_44.jpg

Yes - it was real!!

Ken

• Like 4

On 4/20/2018 at 6:30 PM, 12by12 said:

Well, Minicraft have one but it dates back half a century.  Fujimi do a better one.  Minicraft itself promises a 'new tool' B-29 but who knows what that entails.   Is there any external variation with the Tu-4?  I understood there was not.

The new Minicraft kit is going to be a B-50 not a B-29. The engines and tail are noticeably different but there are also commonalities.