Jeep Wrangler Rubicon by Revell

I started this on March 28th and finished today with about 2 hours per day.
The kit is a level 4 as per the box I purchased, but a level 2 on others.
Both kits are the "Ranger" version, the same kit number and are identical in piece and piece count.
This sort of thing is certainly not unheard of and is a good hint as to why you should research it. See the link above for more information on this kit.

There was almost no injection feathering at all. The parts were strong and of good quality with striking detail.The directions were easy and clear as always with Revell. (to my knowledge)
I painted the chrome rims as I am not a chrome lover and it never fit my color scheme.
A couple of other things that stood out on this one; the rear license plate is too big, instead of cutting it down I threw it into my bonus-bag for future build. The other, was the body being a struggle to fit the frame. After some sharing expletives with the dog I finally got it done.

Overall I liked this build and only wish it was a 1:1.
The dog concurs.

See photos here:::
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Google+

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

Another nice build. 

Is there a better way to post pics than using a link to my google+ ?

I see other members have pics that appear embedded in their posts.

I can't see anything other than the link option.

Then, I have read pieces regarding photo mediums such as Flickr that seems to be encouraged. Is there much difference than G+ ?

Hope you can help.

Terry

9 minutes ago, FrozenRabbit said:

Is there a better way to post pics than using a link to my google+ ?

I see other members have pics that appear embedded in their posts.

I can't see anything other than the link option.

Then, I have read pieces regarding photo mediums such as Flickr that seems to be encouraged. Is there much difference than G+ ?

Hope you can help.

Terry

Hi Terry, BM will embed images when you paste in a link to the image. I've found that it has to be a link ending with the image extension (like .jpg or something). In my case the "short" URL's generated by (in my case) Flickr don't work as embedded image (with this I mean a link that has no extension). I usually copy the direct link to the photo out of the "share" link from Flickr. 

The "trouble" with Google Photos is that it lacks the ability to share a direct link to a photo (only to the album). However, I did find this online tool that converts a "google" link to a particular photo into a regular link that you can use in your posts. 

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

Hope this helps!

Yes, go to Google+ and open an individual tab for each picture. Then copy the URL from each individual tab and paste it hereto the thread your starting or editing.

t7chdgM4tI53kKQtBoFbR8uMeCLcvy1E87vYez33

kOYZ68QbuQEA1RkzSb6aOnrb7YcvO7NWx6w0_q-4

BDfGJDgWY78lJqlo9zJD2RCG0yUoEPJqQ2iaGGwQ

Easy peasy. Just make sure your URL doesn't start with Google. For example these pics start hl3:Googleuser. If your on an Android use the open image in new tab choice, not the open in new tab choice.

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

Yes, go to Google+ and open an individual tab for each picture. Then copy the URL from each individual tab and paste it hereto the thread your starting or editing.

Ah, excellent! Way simpler method for the Google photos, good tip!

Edited by JeroenS
  • Thanks 1