1/35 - Waco CG-4A Hadrian by Masterpiece Models - released

Homebee

On 20/04/2018 at 09:55, RHWinter said:

Great subject in a proper scale, but I‘ll never buy and build a resin-kit. C'est dommage!

Go on - you'll love it. I built my first resin kit back in 1986 (a Provence Moulage Jaguar XJR-6) and the difference between polystyrene blobs and resin refinement then was extraordinary, and still is. Plastic has come on nicely over the years, but a resin moulding will likely always offer more detail than you'd ever get from mainstream injection moulding (though Wingnut Wings do come close).

Mind you, I have a number of resin kits which I suspect I will never build because they are just so tactile in kit form. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Go on - you'll love it. I built my first resin kit back in 1986 (a Provence Moulage Jaguar XJR-6) and the difference between polystyrene blobs and resin refinement then was extraordinary, and still is. Plastic has come on nicely over the years, but a resin moulding will likely always offer more detail than you'd ever get from mainstream injection moulding (though Wingnut Wings do come close).

Mind you, I have a number of resin kits which I suspect I will never build because they are just so tactile in kit form. :)

Weeell, Sabrejet, I am not convinced, yet.. Although nearly... I have som Wingnu Wings kits in my stash, by the way: Lovely!

• Like 1