Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Thanks Guys. I managed to find a way round the Postimage problem, copy and paste the link rather than the picture direct as I have been doing.

Martian

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

I will still defeat your efforts to get me squiffy.

Gallon Guts of Mars

Did'nt want to get you squiffy ! just tasting some fine earth production ! null

with your multiple stomach, it's almost impossible ! null

Sincerely !

CC

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Did'nt want to get you squiffy ! just tasting some fine earth production ! null

with your multiple stomach, it's almost impossible ! null

Sincerely !

CC

Technically it is possible but it would involve you towing a brewers dray behind you.

Martian

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Technically it is possible but it would involve you towing a brewers dray behind you.

Martian

do not tempt me please !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

Go on, you know you want to!

Martian

There has been a joke with @giemme about winning at the lottery !

I promised to come up with a beer truck and some bunnies as barmaid !!

Giorgio asked for some belgian chocolate too null

Will be fun !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

Belgian chocolate! Scrummy!

Martian

yup like "pralines à la liqueur"...nullnull

My fav ones are taste "Mandarine Napoleon" Gooood ones !

And the Leonidas one stuffed with strawberry cream liquor !

If you taste it there will be a risk of a martian invasion....:rofl2:

CC

14 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Guys. I managed to find a way round the Postimage problem, copy and paste the link rather than the picture direct as I have been doing.

Martian

Do you mean select the second row down on the share panel?

That's what I always do

😟

By the way

Blimey that is a gorgeous shape for an aeroplane

Mmmmm

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Do you mean select the second row down on the share panel?

That's what I always do

😟

By the way

Blimey that is a gorgeous shape for an aeroplane

Mmmmm

Yes that is what I tried yesterday and things went fine so I am now a happy alien.

Martian

• Like 1

Yesterday saw the upper wing halves getting glued to the rest of the wing assembly. Initial reactions are that the trailing edges are a little on the thick side and will need a degree of sanding back. I concentrated on getting the leading edge intakes lined up as these will be the hardest to clean up. The Starboard wing root fairing does not quite match up with the wing at the trailing edge but as this is good solid plastic it shouldn't be any big deal to carve to shape.

Although the kit spars kind of box in the wheel wells, they fit where they touch and I think lining the wells with 10 'thou plastic card will provide a much neater effect than trying to fill and sand them in situ. Hopefully, I will have time this evening to remove the tape holding the wings together and start the big clean up. With all the fettling and filling that is going to be needed, I am mightily relieved that this aircraft was painted silver rather than NMF. I have enough of that on my plate with the Starfighter!

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

010.jpg

009.jpg

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Yesterday saw the upper wing halves getting glued to the rest of the wing assembly. Initial reactions are that the trailing edges are a little on the thick side and will need a degree of sanding back. I concentrated on getting the leading edge intakes lined up as these will be the hardest to clean up. The Starboard wing root fairing does not quite match up with the wing at the trailing edge but as this is good solid plastic it shouldn't be any big deal to carve to shape.

Although the kit spars kind of box in the wheel wells, they fit where they touch and I think lining the wells with 10 'thou plastic card will provide a much neater effect than trying to fill and sand them in situ. Hopefully, I will have time this evening to remove the tape holding the wings together and start the big clean up. With all the fettling and filling that is going to be needed, I am mightily relieved that this aircraft was painted silver rather than NMF. I have enough of that on my plate with the Starfighter!

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

Its jolly descent of you to lead the way on this one, will save me some heart-ache when I finally start mine 😉

Tim

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fishbed said:

Its jolly descent of you to lead the way on this one, will save me some heart-ache when I finally start mine 😉

Tim

That's the sort of alien I am Tim: either that or just plain stupid. No! don't even try to respond to that Tim.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

That's the sort of alien I am Tim: either that or just plain stupid. No! don't even try to respond to that Tim.

Martian 👽

spoil sport :tease:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hamden said:

That is going to be a stunning model when it's finished.

Great progress so far looking forward to more!

Roger

Thank Roger, I think though that the look of the finished model will be more down to the designers at De Havilland than anything I can achieve.

Martian

I removed the tape holding the wings together this morning and began the tedious process of cleaning them up and thinning down the trailing edges of the wings. Getting a bit bored with this, I decided to take a look and see how well the engines didn't fit. To my surprise the fit was not as bad as I had expected. To quote the black knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "I've had worse". Sure, a bit of fettling with a large flat file is needed and some filling will be required but I have had mainstream injection kits that have been a lot worse in this respect. I didn't start out to get the engines glued on today but a couple of hours saw them glued into place. It felt good to do something that made a difference to the look of the build. If something is getting me down on a build I tend to do this sort of thing as it gives the feeling that progress is being made.

Not much I can do until tomorrow as stuff has to set and cure now and I need a break from cleaning up around all those leading edge intakes.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

012.jpg

011.jpg

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

how well the engines didn't fit

:rofl:This is what i call "optimism"!!!

Never seen this bird, and it really looks nice!

How many projects have you got going???:clap:

OFF TOPIC:

BTW these new emoticons are killing my laptop. Every time I put one...it takes ages and after that I can't add anymore text. I have to send and then edit the message!

Edited by massimo2
  • Haha 2