Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Hmm

Looks a bit pale to me

Except, of course the little sharp bit at the bottom of THAT aerial which will be forever the residence of the blood of perdu

Soddit!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Not so!

Here is the definition:

elegant

ˈɛlɪɡ(ə)nt/

adjective

graceful and stylish in appearance or manner.

"she will look elegant in black"

synonyms:stylish, graceful, tasteful, discerning, refined, sophisticated, dignified, cultivated, distinguished, classic, smart, fashionable, modish, decorous, beautiful, artistic, aesthetic, lovely.

They were obviously looking at the Scimitar or Wessex when they wrote that :whistle:

Wot he said.

They were looking at the Scimitar or Wessex... but they were thinking of the Seamew

• Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, Martian Hale said:

Someone will be telling me the Short SB3 is lacking in looks next!

sb3-6.jpg

Who can fail to love an aircraft that appears to be contemplating the sky with a cockpit that looks like googly eyes and a raised eyebrow...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’m glad you asked that; I’ve been trying to work out whether Bill is making some subtle point wot I missed

Nah just being dumb

I was thinking (wrongly of course) of the 'Lancaster engined nose' ones

Big ungainly intake stuck way out into the wind unlike the smooth and handsome later ones, the V came to mind when I wrote wot I writ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’m glad you asked that; I’ve been trying to work out whether Bill is making some subtle point wot I missed

They do look pretty much the same but I was wondering if Bill got his mark numbers a bit mixed up?

3 minutes ago, perdu said:

Nah just being dumb

I was thinking (wrongly of course) of the 'Lancaster engined nose' ones

Big ungainly intake stuck way out into the wind unlike the smooth and handsome later ones, the V came to mind when I wrote wot I writ

We're not talking about those wonderful looking things the Firefly AS7 and U8 are we?

26 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Who can fail to love an aircraft that appears to be contemplating the sky with a cockpit that looks like googly eyes and a raised eyebrow...

Clearly it has to be Airfix's main release for 2019! (1/24 sale naturally)

Insanely Optimistic of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

They do look pretty much the same but I was wondering if Bill got his mark numbers a bit mixed up?

We're not talking about those wonderful looking things the Firefly AS7 and U8 are we?

Insanely Optimistic of Mars 👽

Surely Bill was yearning for the MkI-III, the lovely 7/8 I always assimilate their nose (as well as late Barra') to the Shackleton engine cowling layout🦑

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:
On 9/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, Martian Hale said:

Someone will be telling me the Short SB3 is lacking in looks next!

sb3-6.jpg

Makes me think it should have been a character in the Rev W Awdry books of Thomas the Tank Engine fame. Would have sat well with Harold the Helicopter and Jeremy the Jet Plane!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, perdu said:

:(

I know my place...

You mean in the same way that I don't?

5 hours ago, Whofan said:

Martian, the last paragraph of your post 711 contains an inadvertent typo you might want to correct.

Typo corrected. Does Miss want me to copy it out ten times during playtime?

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Makes me think it should have been a character in the Rev W Awdry books of Thomas the Tank Engine fame. Would have sat well with Harold the Helicopter and Jeremy the Jet Plane!

A Thomas the Tank engine inspired Group Build. That would be fun!

3 hours ago, 71chally said:

Specification GR17/45 certainly gave us some interesting machines!

And put some "interesting" ideas in my heads!

Off to see how the filler is coming along.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Could this be the Fruitbat replacement??

Aah, dear old Eric, I knew him well! Would've made General dontcha know, but for some wag called Melchett.

Anyone seen my camel?

Ian

• Haha 2

On 22/09/2018 at 05:47, Martian Hale said:

I am amazed that nobody can see the gorgeousness of the Seamew's lines. Someone will be telling me the Short SB3 is lacking in looks next!

sb3-6.jpg

Martian 👽

Ooohh, I need one of these! Where can I get one?

Cheers,

Bill

PS. In 1:72 scale of course...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Could this be the Fruitbat replacement??

OK, I give in. This "Fruitbat" thingy, clearly either pre-dates my time on here, or I'm very unworldly wise, or ............... you are all completely bonkers. I'm tending towards the latter conclusion at the moment.

Do I get a clue?

Terry

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:
7 hours ago, Whofan said:

Martian, the last paragraph of your post 711 contains an inadvertent typo you might want to correct.

Typo corrected. Does Miss want me to copy it out ten times during playtime?

Of course not, it was obviously inadvertent, and I only mentioned it because  it could have caused a reaction for the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Aah, dear old Eric, I knew him well! Would've made General dontcha know, but for some wag called Melchett.

Anyone seen my camel?

Ian

Argh! the Melchettitis is catching!

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Cheers,

Bill

Careful what you wish for Bill, Magna Models actually did do this variant in the requested scale a few years back. No prizes for guessing who did the research for it! I wish I could remember who has the Magna moulds at the moment.

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

OK, I give in. This "Fruitbat" thingy, clearly either pre-dates my time on here, or I'm very unworldly wise, or ............... you are all completely bonkers. I'm tending towards the latter conclusion at the moment.

Do I get a clue?

Terry

Do you really need a clue to that particular conundrum? You clearly didn't read the small print before signing up to BM!

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

Of course not, it was obviously inadvertent, and I only mentioned it because  it could have caused a reaction for the wrong reasons.

That's a relief! At junior school once had a teacher who believed in dishing out punishments for mistakes.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Cheers,

Bill

Looks like these guys have the moulds now.

Martian

22 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

That's a relief! At junior school once had a teacher who believed in dishing out punishments for mistakes.

Ruler on the knuckles, slipper on the ar ... err ... posterior, the sort of character building punishments my junior school meted out?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Ruler on the knuckles, slipper on the ar ... err ... posterior, the sort of character building punishments my junior school meted out?

Not that but things like making you stay in during play and lunch times and for a whole year we had the misfortune to have her as our class mistress, being banned from swimming lessons.  Let's see shall we? Oxford, a city crisscrossed by rivers and a bit further out the country with flooded gravel pits: pure genius and what a way to treat seven and eight year old children!

Still Resentful of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Do I get a clue?

I found this for your elucidation....

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/139030-a-and-v-01215-farleigh-fruitbat-mk-i

Of course it could be a red herring. But I think it's nearly an Aeroplane.

Although there is a school of thought that says this is actually the Gloster Gobstopper which was disguised for propaganda porpoises.

• Haha 3

On 9/22/2018 at 9:08 AM, CedB said:

Oh, Bill's objecting to the Seamew and Barracuda comment... I thought he was talking about the reflection of the topless Martian in the laptop screen! 

Me too !!

Nice to see you again Oh Dear tentacled one

Even through a reflection on a screen. Which Aliens have no reflection at all ??

I don't remember, No no, not that other De Havilland beauty with twin boom tail !

Very nice Albatros Dear Martian ! or baby Condor ??

Great work, :partytime:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

On 9/23/2018 at 4:58 PM, Martian Hale said:

Don't worry about the thread drift Terry. I expect it every time I start a thread and am frequently responsible for the drift myself. It all adds to the fun of a build. Keep it up and you will soon have the honour of being invited to join the ranks of the "Usual Suspects" .

Martian 👽

Hello Dear Martian,

May I assume that I'm in the ranks of the "Usual convicts" ??:whistle::whistle:

So, Congrats to Mrs Martian, A Sunderland is a great idea ! and an Iris ? Can't wait to see it unfold !!😱

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2018 at 6:23 PM, Martian Hale said:

Chapeau? that's French for a hat.

Confused of Mars 👽

Hello Dear Admiral of the great galactic fleet of Martian voluntary service ! Pfiuw what a long honorific title !!

Chapeau is also an expression in french which is a short version of "Chapeau bas" or hat off in english !

it's an admirative expression, Knowing that our dear @massimo is a true multilingual !!

I can add my own Kiswahili superlative !

Oh Mama yangu !! Una fania Kazi wa muuuuzuuuuuri !!

The more letter you add, the more you're admirative !

Or in Lingala !

Mama na ngay !! Oko sala mossala kitoko penzzzaaaaa !!

😜

Drift ?? Who said drift ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 2