Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:27, stevehnz said:

Here's hoping your break is a good un for you & your wife Martian, it sounds as though you both deserve it after your trials & tribulations. I'm a bit jealous of your TR.7, I liked the look of them though we saw few out here, I believe by the time the drop top came along most of their quality problems were sorted. I rather fancied a 7 with the Dolomite Sprint motor which I believe several were made by BL. Aaah, such youthful dreams. :)

Take care.

Steve.

Just got back Steve, the break was just what the vet ordered.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:59, corsaircorp said:

Have a great Week end with your great lady and Sarah Jane (Saying it that way can make the Baron raising an eyebrow 😜)

I'm a bit surprised that @CedBhasn't picked up on that one yet!

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:23, Scimitar said:

and so endeth Mr and Mrs Martian's peaceful romantic getaway. :wicked:

Can you imagine the party though?

You would have all been most welcome, at least I could have kept an eye or four on you all!

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:19, TheBaron said:

Like watching Simon Templar getting ready to go on holiday in an episode of The Saint with them spiffy wheels !! 

She has some even more sexy looking wheels now!

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:01, longshanks said:

:hmmm:That does explain a few things..................

On the plus side it does allow others to win gold :winkgrin:

Kev

like to give you Earthlings a chance now and again.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:40, Navy Bird said:

Just catching up on this one, and I'm so sorry to hear of your tribulations. We went through this with my father-in-law and I have a sense of what you're experiencing. I'm also a firm believer in talking through times of difficulty, as evidenced by my endless chatter here whilst I was going through my last chemo regimen. I only wish I had learned of your situation before we met recently - we could have commiserated over lunch and the visit to Hannants.

Hang in there and remember you always have a bunch of silly sods here on Britmodeller for support. We can help with just about anything - except, I suppose, getting Mr. Color out from under your fingernails. Haven't figured that one out yet.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. She looked like a TR7 to me...

Thanks Bill. It says something that I need to turn to Britmodeller for some much needed sanity.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:33, perdu said:

Laugh for you Bill not Martian's situation, though I have a few laughs from my dad's story at the end

Might be worth telling some other day, elsewhere

My Sevendentification came because most of the 7s I worked on were hard topped and the opened out ones were mostly (at the time) conversions to convertible status and early identifications of 8s were mostly that

Fully understood Bill, If you have a genuine right hand drive TR8 and want to sell it, you can pretty much write your own cheque. There were only about 140 built and the rest went to the USA. The last one I saw for sale went for about £36,000 and that was a good ten years or more ago.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:18, corsaircorp said:

Which one of the TR has the turn signal relay in the rear left fender ??

electric connections problems on Triumph and BL ??? Nooooo ??? Seriously ?? :rofl2::rofl2:

I remember the Allegro…. Drying the HV leads and distributor…. And dancing a lot when the 🤬🤬 driver try to start it whilst you still have your hands on !!

Sincerely.

CC

No issues with Sarah-Jane, she behaved impeccably all week.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:31, Terry1954 said:

There is definitely something in that paint that defies understanding!

Terry

I'm lucky as I only use acrylics.

9 hours ago, Whofan said:

Clearly Martian#s been refreshing the parts other .   err ....  tentacles can't reach, as we haven't heard from him for a while -- but I was forcibly reminded of him this morning when idly examinimg the last page of th the July Scale Aircraft Modelling and saw that a featured build in the next (August) issue was of the very Valom Albatross being modelled here by Martian by someone called Andy Cable.

At first I thought  Andy Cable might be a pseudonym for Martian, but in all honesty I am now thinking this is one of those spooky coincidences that assail us from time to time.

it will be interesting to hear the thoughts of the green one !

Well, the ale has been refreshing the tentacles other beers cannot reach. The July issue of SAM came out while I was away so I can't comment on Mr McCabe's observations.

Next up is to get the interior painted. Hopefully the weather will cool down a bit soon to allow me to get that underway.

Still Beered Up Of Mars 👽

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Evil child! I thought you had turned up some really interesting reference material for a minute. As I suspect is the case with many BM members in this country, the current heatwave has brought modelling operations to a temporary halt at Martian Towers. Airbrushing, which is the next step with this build, completely out of the question as the droplets of paint would start to dry before they had chance to hit the model and level out. I got out of the shower earlier today and tried to do some basic stuff on another project I have been fiddling about with but had to stop after less than ten minutes as, even with the fan in the Martian cave on full, I was a ball of sweat and needed to stick my head under the shower again: hopeless! 💦

Frazzled of Mars 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CedB said:

Same here Martian - nothing so irritating as the magnifier slipping down a sweaty forehead :( 

When the sweat starts to get in your eyes, you know its time to call it a day. We had a band practice this evening and even doing it acoustically on the lawn and with a fan on we were struggling. If we hadn't got a gig coming up, I think we would have given up and just sat round drinking cold beer. Well, we drank the cold beer anyway but you get the drift. At least picking up my Airfix Wellington cheered me up a bit.

Martian 👽 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

As I suspect is the case with many BM members in this country, the current heatwave has brought modelling operations to a temporary halt at Martian Towers

Not just Martian Towers either I reckon, its my impression that posts the last while may be a little down on the usual volumes, then again, the Football World Cup could be a contributor there too.

Steve.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Not just Martian Towers either I reckon, its my impression that posts the last while may be a little down on the usual volumes, then again, the Football World Cup could be a contributor there too.

Steve.

The World Cup distracting the population of England?  :footy: Don't be silly! 

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

The World Cup distracting the population of England?  :footy: Don't be silly! 

Martian 👽

World Cup?? What's that? It's British Grand Prix and Tour de France time!

(Seriously, congrats to England for advancing in the World Cup. It's not American football, but it's okay.) 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello sweaty sweetie !

Are you starting a Wellington soon ???

That will be great even if an Alize would have been a hit for sure !

Hope that our favourite ETI did'nt suffer too much from the earth heatwave....

Don't you worry, rain will be back soon, it's Belgo-British speciality after all !!

Have a great Gig Dear Martian !

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2018 at 12:02 AM, Martian Hale said:

We had a band practice this evening and even doing it acoustically on the lawn and with a fan on

And I thought that Led Zeppelin were free and easy with their groupies...

• Haha 5

On 07/07/2018 at 18:02, Martian Hale said:

We had a band practice this evening and even doing it acoustically on the lawn and with a fan on we were struggling.

Does that fan go all the way to eleven?

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello sweaty sweetie !

Are you starting a Wellington soon ???

That will be great even if an Alize would have been a hit for sure !

Hope that our favourite ETI did'nt suffer too much from the earth heatwave....

Don't you worry, rain will be back soon, it's Belgo-British speciality after all !!

Have a great Gig Dear Martian !

Sincerely.

CC

No, it just means a Wellington has been added to my stash. I reckon your lot has nicked all the rain!

7 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Does that fan go all the way to eleven?

I wish it did!

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Space Ranger HQ to Martian: What kind of music does your band play? The latest Martian hits or Earth classics? Martian hip-hop? Martian bluegrass? Does Mars have banjos? I'm a 5-string banjoist myself, in case you ever make it to this vicinity of the solar system and need a banjoist (I also play 6-string and 12-string guitar.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Space Ranger said:

Space Ranger HQ to Martian: What kind of music does your band play? The latest Martian hits or Earth classics? Martian hip-hop? Martian bluegrass? Does Mars have banjos? I'm a 5-string banjoist myself, in case you ever make it to this vicinity of the solar system and need a banjoist (I also play 6-string and 12-string guitar.).

We write all our own stuff which can range from folk to punk depending what ideas people bring along. One of the haps does play banjo as his second instrument. Anyone who wants to join has to be able to do at least two thing so that we have built in flexibility. despite the heat, Saturday's rehearsal went well and we are to start gigging in August. :guitar:

Martian 👽

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Redgrass surely?  :shrug:

No sort of grass if this alien has anything to do with it.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Martian

Hope you are well. Now it is cooling down nicely is their any progress at Martian Towers on the lovely Albatross

All the best

Chris  

There is indeed. I hope to get a bit done today, not quite sure how much as it is Mrs Martian's birthday and a long session in the cave might be detrimental to my health in a very violent and permanent way! :bangin:

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The weather being a bit cooler, although no less humid, I have managed to gat a bit more done today. Not feeling up to tidying the Martian Cave for spraying, I decided to mount another assault on the main undercarriage. I began by carving a small flat on each main leg to accept the locating mounts for the undercarriage jacks. The locating mounts were then constructed from plastic strip and bolts added from slivers of plastic rod.

The above completed, it was time to get the Albion Alloys Cutter and some aluminium tubing out from which a pair of jacks were built. The Cutter is ideal for this as it guarantees that one will end up with identical parts, a pretty much crucial requirement in this case. I think I will be drilling holes in the jacks for their plumbing next and getting the undercarriage doors ready for fitting. I am going to have to see what there I have in the way of tail wheels as the kit parts are so flimsy that they will break the moment you look at them. Not exactly ideal for transportation purposes. Any how, its just nice to be able to get a bit of modelling done at last. I have been bouncing off the walls of the Haunebu with frustration over the last few weeks.

I apologise for the chaos in the background of the pictures but without gluing the main leg assemblies into place, setting up the shoot took nearly as long as manufacturing the parts and there was no way I was going to be able to get everything downstairs without it all falling to pieces. I am going to have to tidy the bench very soon as I am having a bit of trouble finding some of my tools. It is said on Mars that a bad alien always blames his tools but we are now getting to the stage where this particular alien doesn't have any tools because he can't find them!

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

057.jpg

056.jpg

055.jpg

054.jpg

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking good. Very nice work and good to see work recommencing. 

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks Chris, even Mrs Martian was pleased to see me having aa fettle this evening.

32 minutes ago, Norman said:

Greetings my favourite Martian from the planet Antipodean! 

Lovely work

Cheers 

Thanks Norman.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

You're kidding us

You've been back to Mars for your Winter Holidays. I hope you're feeling guilty leaving us to suffer....

….. your lack of modelling reports :bangin:

Good to see you back at the bench

Kev

• Haha 2