Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

I trust you will have a good break and it sounds like it will do you good. Family can sometimes be very difficult and my recent scares with my mum have been very tiring and stressful. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mr T said:

I trust you will have a good break and it sounds like it will do you good. Family can sometimes be very difficult and my recent scares with my mum have been very tiring and stressful. 

Thanks, people's understanding here helps no end.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about this situation Martian, I hope you and the Missus have a lovely well deserved break. Ithe sounds idyllic. Loving the TR too.  I remember the size of the boot too (sold mine a few years ago needing restoration and just concentrate on the VWS now ). 

Have a great time away.  Have you left CC looking after your thread while you are away !!!

Best wishes 

Chris 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Sorry to hear about this situation Martian, I hope you and the Missus have a lovely well deserved break. Ithe sounds idyllic. Loving the TR too.  I remember the size of the boot too (sold mine a few years ago needing restoration and just concentrate on the VWS now ). 

Have a great time away.  Have you left CC looking after your thread while you are away !!!

Best wishes 

Chris 

Thanks Chris, we certainly intend to have a good time. As for letting CC loose on my thread, do I really look that daft? Hang on, those who met me at Telford might argue that I do.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martian has found us a cottage about 100 yards from a real ale pub for next week.

Mate, If you run short, I can load up the van. Just PM the postcode. Enjoy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pete in Lincs said:

Mate, If you run short, I can load up the van. Just PM the postcode. Enjoy.

Thanks Pete, I may well take you up on that!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Courageous said:

What you need is a nice and easy OUT-OF-BOX build.

Sometimes you need to look after No. 1, otherwise you'll be no good to anybody.

Enjoy your break.

Stuart

Very true Stuart. However, Martian and OOB in the same sentence, really? :rofl2:

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Car

Nice, very nice

(you do keep your eye on the power block in the wiring loom left side of the engine compartment I'm sure. As I was an AA man during the TR7's prime, that was a little expected glitch when corrosion got inside the plastic plug unit and ate away the cable end)

Yes I know, and Martian knows I know its not a 7 really

Have a damned good time, (guess who found a French Real Ale Brewery in Le Mans?

Zeugma, quite a decent brew )

Actually if Pete brings reinforcements should we all pop down there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Just picked up on this one again. Sorry to hear of your challenges Martian. Hope you enjoy your break!

Cheers

Terry

Thanks Terry.

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Car

Nice, very nice

(you do keep your eye on the power block in the wiring loom left side of the engine compartment I'm sure. As I was an AA man during the TR7's prime, that was a little expected glitch when corrosion got inside the plastic plug unit and ate away the cable end)

Yes I know, and Martian knows I know its not a 7 really

Have a damned good time, (guess who found a French Real Ale Brewery in Le Mans?

Zeugma, quite a decent brew )

Actually if Pete brings reinforcements should we all pop down there?

Thanks for the tip Bill although I have not had any problems there in any of the TRs I have had (famous last words!). How do you mean that Sarah-Jane is not really a 7? It says so on the tin and she says she is most offended.

If anyone wants to pop round with Pete they are more than welcome. I am already anticipating a ginormous bottle mountain by the end of the week.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Sorry to hear of your woes, but I'm sure a weekend of debauchery good beer will help enormously. Don't forget we have to "look after" Tony's place too once you're back!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sarah Jane looks very TR8 to me although the water in that part of Triumph's gene pool got very muddied towards the end

Triumph Acclaim? I ask you...

Lovely little Hondas they were

Whatever have a great time

👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Sorry to hear of your woes, but I'm sure a weekend of debauchery good beer will help enormously. Don't forget we have to "look after" Tony's place too once you're back!

Ian

Thanks Ian. I am looking forward to the bash at Tony's and in the unlikely event that there is any ale left after our week away I shall bring it along.

30 minutes ago, perdu said:

Sarah Jane looks very TR8 to me although the water in that part of Triumph's gene pool got very muddied towards the end

Triumph Acclaim? I ask you...

Lovely little Hondas they were

Whatever have a great time

👍

I see what you mean Bill. Externally, the 7 and the 8 are very hard to tell apart, excepting the large TR7 or TR8 written on the boot. When she needed an engine rebuild, toyed with the idea of upgrading her to TR8 spec but couldn't see much advantage in it other than the very dubious privilege of having much higher petrol bills. It would also have meant sacrificing boot space as the 8 has the battery in there. Time to go and load her up methinks.

I did manage to get the radio constructed earlier and the interior has just been primed with some Mr Surfacer so she will be ready for interior painting to commence upon my return. I am rather looking forward to getting the airframe together, all indications are that even in 1/72 scale she is going to b a bit of a beast.

Martian 👽

• Like 5

Here's hoping your break is a good un for you & your wife Martian, it sounds as though you both deserve it after your trials & tribulations. I'm a bit jealous of your TR.7, I liked the look of them though we saw few out here, I believe by the time the drop top came along most of their quality problems were sorted. I rather fancied a 7 with the Dolomite Sprint motor which I believe several were made by BL. Aaah, such youthful dreams. :)

Take care.

Steve.

• Like 3

Have a great Week end with your great lady and Sarah Jane (Saying it that way can make the Baron raising an eyebrow 😜)

When you do the best for someone who did'nt see it, just do what seem good to you that's the point !

Our parents seem made from the same wood exept that in my case it's my mother who create the mess !

Same taste for the rocket fuel ...🤔

Enjoy your Week end Dear Alien !

I'm glad for you about that tiny pub, send us some pics !

Sincerely.

CC

Hum ! Don't you worry I will look at your Thread :evil_laugh:

• Like 3

On 6/22/2018 at 2:31 PM, Martian Hale said:

101_2195.jpg

Like watching Simon Templar getting ready to go on holiday in an episode of The Saint with them spiffy wheels !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:24, Martian Hale said:

As to real ale and modelling, I have been getting away with it for years and have the scars to prove it, so there! :tease:

:hmmm:That does explain a few things..................

On the plus side it does allow others to win gold :winkgrin:

Kev

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just catching up on this one, and I'm so sorry to hear of your tribulations. We went through this with my father-in-law and I have a sense of what you're experiencing. I'm also a firm believer in talking through times of difficulty, as evidenced by my endless chatter here whilst I was going through my last chemo regimen. I only wish I had learned of your situation before we met recently - we could have commiserated over lunch and the visit to Hannants.

Hang in there and remember you always have a bunch of silly sods here on Britmodeller for support. We can help with just about anything - except, I suppose, getting Mr. Color out from under your fingernails. Haven't figured that one out yet.

Cheers,

Bill

PS. She looked like a TR7 to me...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Laugh for you Bill not Martian's situation, though I have a few laughs from my dad's story at the end

Might be worth telling some other day, elsewhere

My Sevendentification came because most of the 7s I worked on were hard topped and the opened out ones were mostly (at the time) conversions to convertible status and early identifications of 8s were mostly that

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, perdu said:

Laugh for you Bill not Martian's situation, though I have a few laughs from my dad's story at the end

Might be worth telling some other day, elsewhere

My Sevendentification came because most of the 7s I worked on were hard topped and the opened out ones were mostly (at the time) conversions to convertible status and early identifications of 8s were mostly that

Which one of the TR has the turn signal relay in the rear left fender ??

electric connections problems on Triumph and BL ??? Nooooo ??? Seriously ?? :rofl2::rofl2:

I remember the Allegro…. Drying the HV leads and distributor…. And dancing a lot when the 🤬🤬 driver try to start it whilst you still have your hands on !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/24/2018 at 5:40 PM, Navy Bird said:

We can help with just about anything - except, I suppose, getting Mr. Color out from under your fingernails. Haven't figured that one out yet.

There is definitely something in that paint that defies understanding!

Terry

• Like 1

Clearly Martian#s been refreshing the parts other .   err ....  tentacles can't reach, as we haven't heard from him for a while -- but I was forcibly reminded of him this morning when idly examinimg the last page of th the July Scale Aircraft Modelling and saw that a featured build in the next (August) issue was of the very Valom Albatross being modelled here by Martian by someone called Andy Cable.

At first I thought  Andy Cable might be a pseudonym for Martian, but in all honesty I am now thinking this is one of those spooky coincidences that assail us from time to time.

it will be interesting to hear the thoughts of the green one !

• Like 3