Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

I knew it! I just knew it!

I just knew you would nail the job of doing those windows Martian!

Just wonderful!

• Like 1

They are more than kinda excellent arent they...

I would never have considered that risky stratagem, up goes the bar again huh

Ive only just begun risking cyano gel for slot filling porpoises, he's taking us to stratospheric heights

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Show us the proof otherwise it is all a figment of a vivid imagination.

Must have been a blast.

I'm jealous!

It always is a blast Richard, you need to get the Argyll contingent of BM down there. Loads of friendly modellers and as many kits as you can eat.

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

I knew it! I just knew it!

I just knew you would nail the job of doing those windows Martian!

Just wonderful!

Thanks Norman, I have used the technique a few times now but never on such thin clear plastic so I was a tad nervous.

10 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh man those windows look amazing. Great work fella.  

All the best 

Chris 

You are too kind Sir.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

he's taking us to stratospheric heights

Thanks Bill but then were else would you expect your friendly neighbourhood alien to take you? Seriously though, its only a case of applied logic really.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That window-levelling technique looks just superb Martian and is sure to give a high class finish to Mr. Ross:

'Ra-ra-Rasputin

The forum's greatest polish machine..' &etc :worthy:

I noticed that there are several bottles of Novus shiny-potion available - do you mind me asking what one you used here? (It's not for me but for a friend you understand :evil_laugh:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

That window-levelling technique looks just superb Martian and is sure to give a high class finish to Mr. Ross:

'Ra-ra-Rasputin

The forum's greatest polish machine..' &etc :worthy:

I noticed that there are several bottles of Novus shiny-potion available - do you mind me asking what one you used here? (It's not for me but for a friend you understand :evil_laugh:)

Its Novus one that I have been using Tony.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 3

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, Martian Hale said:

You're welcome Richard.

Usual suspects? Lets see, as far as I can remember the Baron was there, General Melchett, Longshanks, Perdu, Corsaircorp was lurking with his bin bag full of Belgian rocket fuel and Ced, EXFAAWAU was about somewhere as well. Is that a motley enough crew for you? Apologies to anyone I may have missed but I had been drinking with CC and a Martian's appetite for the falling over juice is legendary throughout the known universe. :beer:

Martian 👽

and there was also @BS103 who carried the ammo bag with me….

Sooo Bill was there and the Baron too… Blimey, I'll bring more rocket fuel for 2019.

That will not be a problem with my black striped yellow van…. No no, I keep my promises… Will not tell more about this !

Can't wait to see you back at the Bench Dear ETI !

Hope that you fare better than I do for the while !

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC. I would love to get back to the bench at the moment. Unfortunately my Father has been in hospital for the last week or so. Although he went home yesterday, I have been run ragged by the hospital giving us five completely different stories as to what medical attention he needs and the next steps that need to be taken for him to be safe at home, within six days! My brother even had a wasted 350 mile round trip to Oxford as a result of one of these stories. He is a tad less subtle than me and I am mildly surprised that some administrator didn't end up in his own A&E department. Try organising care around that little lot if you will. The hospital have been full of grovelly apologies but they don't have to sort the mess out.

Peed off of Mars 👽

• Sad 9

Very sorry to hear about your father Martian , i know from experience what a frustrating and worrying time it is and  i do hope you can sort it all out

Cheers

• Like 1

Best wishes from me too Martin - I can only suggest you ask to see a Doctor (if you haven't already) who can give you the facts rather than opinions... we had the same experience with my Mum. Sadly old people just get old and often the staff focus on 'care needs' rather than telling people what, if anything, is wrong with someone. 

All the best matey :) 

• Like 2

Many thanks Guys. The medical side of things seems to have been handled well, its the administrative side of things that looks like it has broken down.  Every day I got a completely different story as to whether Dad was going to a cottage hospital for more intensive occupational therapy, whether this was going to be done at the hospital before he went home or as out patient. When this had finally been decided upon we were fed totally inaccurate information as to when he was coming home, leading to care being re-instated, suspended then re-instated several times over. The same went for Dad's cleaner and gardener who were going in to look after his cat and ponds of fish. The same applied for other non-related health appointments. On Monday alone I spent over four hours on the phone trying to get straight answers to when he would be going home so I could have things ready for him and the appropriate care in place. The really frustrating thing is that we were also trying to help the hospital by ensuring that Dad came home to a safe environment so that the risk of another fall was minimised and that he didn't end up back in A&E or worse.

Sorry rant over.

Martian 👽

• Sad 5

I'm not trying to preach Martian but make sure you allocate some rest time to you and you alone, the stress on one during these times should not be underestimated, get some quiet time, in short look after you too !

All the best

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Norman said:

I'm not trying to preach Martian but make sure you allocate some rest time to you and you alone, the stress on one during these times should not be underestimated, get some quiet time, in short look after you too !

All the best

I absolutely take on board what you are saying Norman. I found out the wisdom of your words some time ago: the hard way. I have no intention of becoming a casualty of other people's incompetence this time round. Thus far today, I have not had anything to do so as you will momentarily see, I got some time in at the bench.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

As intimated to Norman I finally managed to get some time in at the bench. :yahoo:I began by getting a coat of white primer on the passenger and crew seats. These seem to have been in a coarse weave, heavy duty cloth rather than the leather that one might have otherwise expected for the period. I am going for red, Valom suggest a reddish brown, as the pictures we have of the cabin are all in black and white it really is anyone's guess as to the correct colour.

I'm not sure what went wrong (or right depending on one's point of view) but the next thing I knew I was adding detail to what seems to have been some sort of pantry area, forward of the passenger cabins. Before I knew it I had chain drilled the forward fuselage door, carved the opening to shape and was making a new door. I was very careful to ensure that the new door actually fitted the opening at this stage as it is easy to trace the shape from the inside onto some curved plastic card. The upshot of this impetuosity is that I now have to have a good look at my references to try and work out what else went in the area between the flight deck and the passenger cabins. Talk about burning one's bridges!

Anyway here is what I have got done today.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

046.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

What you have got done today looks most excellent. Proper looking pantry Martian. :thumbsup:

Why thank you your Baronesship!

Martian 👽

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your father's discharge. Sometimes it is a nightmare trying to sort stuff out and it varies dramatically from area to area. Experience suggests that some of the larger hospitals are the worst and the fragmentation of care between different agencies does not make it better. My wife has come home on many occasions with similar stories and spending serious amounts of time sorting care out. The Albatross is coming along a treat BTW

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Very nice Martian - that kitchen look amazing! You could earn a fortune fitting those at 1:1 :D 

Thanks Ced but as to the 1/1 scale kitchens %$£ that for a game of soldiers!

3 hours ago, Mr T said:

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your father's discharge. Sometimes it is a nightmare trying to sort stuff out and it varies dramatically from area to area. Experience suggests that some of the larger hospitals are the worst and the fragmentation of care between different agencies does not make it better. My wife has come home on many occasions with similar stories and spending serious amounts of time sorting care out. The Albatross is coming along a treat BTW

Thanks Mr T. One would think that they would want to work with the people who are trying to keep people out of hospital but then what do I know? I'm just an alien who works on logic.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

The Albatross is looking berry noice Martian berry noice indeed!

Many thanks O  reformed antipodean.

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ooooooo very nice indeed.  Great work.   I hope your father is okay fella and his career etc is sorted out too.  Glad to see you got some bench time too. 

All the best 

Chris 

Cheers Chris. We have had no issues over the last 24 hours so hopefully things can get back to normal.

1 hour ago, Andrew.S said:

Very nice progress Martian! :thumbsup:

Thank you Andrew.

Martian 👽

• Like 2