Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

10 hours ago, amblypygid said:

It's not you that needs to change. It's those that exploit your good nature, so the only change you should make is to make it clear to them that enough is enough.

Certainly, but alas, Anyone with a sense of duty and load of goodwill is a perfect candidate for exploitation !!

Exploited by some guys who will be the first when the time for rewards and congratulations will come !! Forgetting that they dis Nothing !

Whatever, on this day, not only will you be forgetted but you will be tired to the bone or still fixing Something somewhere !!

Come on Martian ! You did great on the Albatross !

Take care and … Me ? Volunteer ?? S.....

the S can have loads of significances, I let it open to your imagination discretion ! :whistle:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 4

Hello Martian, tentacled interplanetary master of modelling origami - I can only echo what all these good supporters of yourself say - you won't be of any value to the MVS if  they run you into the ground (sea?) and you have to keep going on all of your builds ( especially the Tracker)

CJP

• Like 2

Maybe your organisation should look into taking Paypal Martian, I'm still unsure whether my donation went through

I posted it and it flew off at a tangent suggesting I support people I never heard of

I will pop into my bank to check, but it is really dumb

Keep well chum

• Like 2

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Maybe your organisation should look into taking Paypal Martian, I'm still unsure whether my donation went through

I posted it and it flew off at a tangent suggesting I support people I never heard of

I will pop into my bank to check, but it is really dumb

Keep well chum

Thanks Bill. I looks more straightforward to donate via the MVS Poole website https://www.mvspoole.org.uk/donations/ it goes straight to smart giving which seems much easier.

Martian 👽

21 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

If it's not the Martian Voluntary Service, then what is MVS? Mobile Vacuum Systems? Monetary Valuation Summations? Marine Vessel Sanitation? Musical Variety Sensations?

Maritime Volunteer Service.

20 hours ago, Scimitar said:

Martian Vacationing (in) Scotland.  (and he's long overdue ..it's his round 😀)

Most probably this though:

https://www.mvspoole.org.uk/

Mrs Martian was saying earlier today that we must get something sorted out this very evening.

20 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Aha! An Automobile Association for boaters. We could use something like that in The Colonies. We have too many idiots in boats on area lakes. Every weekend we hear of someone drowning or injured in a boating accident, in spite of lake rangers and police. There is often alcohol involvement or failure to wear life vests. The only good thing that can be said about them is that by removing themselves from the gene pool, they are helping to advance human evolution.

Trouble is they are not removing themselves from the gene pool either fast enough or in sufficient quantity and then they expect someone to dig them out of the brown and smelly, sometimes at risk to themselves. I have often argued that we need machine guns on our launches and have even volunteered to take the RYA small arms course at my own expense. What? You mean there isn't one? Bugger!

19 hours ago, amblypygid said:

It's not you that needs to change. It's those that exploit your good nature, so the only change you should make is to make it clear to them that enough is enough.

I have been like this for as long as can remember so its as much a fault with me than anything else. Trouble is that when this particular worm turns, he does so with a vengeance, often to his own detriment.

9 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Certainly, but alas, Anyone with a sense of duty and load of goodwill is a perfect candidate for exploitation !!

Exploited by some guys who will be the first when the time for rewards and congratulations will come !! Forgetting that they dis Nothing !

Whatever, on this day, not only will you be forgetted but you will be tired to the bone or still fixing Something somewhere !!

Come on Martian ! You did great on the Albatross !

Take care and … Me ? Volunteer ?? S.....

the S can have loads of significances, I let it open to your imagination discretion ! :whistle:

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, I am very familiar with the type of which you speak. When I was with HM Customs we called the phenomena "Running around with a radio up his backside". 

5 hours ago, CJP said:

Hello Martian, tentacled interplanetary master of modelling origami - I can only echo what all these good supporters of yourself say - you won't be of any value to the MVS if  they run you into the ground (sea?) and you have to keep going on all of your builds ( especially the Tracker)

CJP

Thanks CJP, I think I have already run myself into the ground. Over the last few weeks the tie taken for me to recover from any sort of activity has increased markedly. What I really need to do is learn to say no more often but I am rubbish at disappointing people. Once again, my fault not the organisation's.

Good News My Lord!

In other news, a singular Muppet of this parish has managed to lose the windscreen for the model and extensive searches, including going to the ridiculous extreme of tidying the Martian Cave, have failed to locate it. Fortunately the splendid Vaclav of Valom has come riding to the rescue with the offer of a replacement part at no charge, which I would have been more than happy to pay. This is customer service of the highest level in my opinion and something that some of the larger manufacturers  could learn from. A kind gesture which I shall remember for a very long time.

Martian 👽

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:
20 hours ago, amblypygid said:

I have been like this for as long as can remember so its as much a fault with me than anything else. Trouble is that when this particular worm turns, he does so with a vengeance, often to his own detriment.

Unfortunately Martian, this strong sense of duty - (or should it be strong, duty this sense is in him? Or am I confusing my aliens here?) is a feature of our old employment. At least before the merger ...................

Sadly, worm turning as practised by myself didn't do me any favours. I can still see the look on my Grade 6's face when I pointed out that all his self congratulation over some work my team had done would lead him to severe embarrassment when the Public Accounts Committee found out about it.

Courage, mon Brave,

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Bill. I looks more straightforward to donate via the MVS Poole website https://www.mvspoole.org.uk/donations/ it goes straight to smart giving which seems much easier.

Martian 👽

Hmm, that was where I went and it went to the weird justgiving website afterwards

I'm on the lookout now for odd returns in my banking set-up  😕

Anyway, I hope you lot get a few gallons of marine fuel or summat out of it

And anyway, in more serious (for those of our own peculiar bent) news I am happy that the new screen is on its way to you

Truly good customer service when these kinds of kits are being produced to particularly taxing economies of scale

Well done Vaclav, the sort of treatment that makes me potentially a future customer if a subject they produce appeals to me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

Unfortunately Martian, this strong sense of duty - (or should it be strong, duty this sense is in him? Or am I confusing my aliens here?) is a feature of our old employment. At least before the merger ...................

Sadly, worm turning as practised by myself didn't do me any favours. I can still see the look on my Grade 6's face when I pointed out that all his self congratulation over some work my team had done would lead him to severe embarrassment when the Public Accounts Committee found out about it.

Courage, mon Brave,

Sounds mighty familiar to me!

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Hmm, that was where I went and it went to the weird justgiving website afterwards

I'm on the lookout now for odd returns in my banking set-up  😕

Anyway, I hope you lot get a few gallons of marine fuel or summat out of it

And anyway, in more serious (for those of our own peculiar bent) news I am happy that the new screen is on its way to you

Truly good customer service when these kinds of kits are being produced to particularly taxing economies of scale

Well done Vaclav, the sort of treatment that makes me potentially a future customer if a subject they produce appeals to me

Many thanks Bill, I'm sure our treasurer will have a use for it. I shall inform him of the donations on his return from holiday.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Hi Martian ditto what the others said about looking after yourself n the missus , the world has gone completely nuts, politicians dont work and volunteers do too much ! i ask ya whats going on ?????? ! its downright bloody ridiculous when a man cant sit down and model when he wants to, bring on the revolution of plasticarders i say then its will be off with their heads !!!! 

I started to fill out the form and at the 3/4 way end of donating, got thirsty and went and made a cuppa, came back, forgot my digestive so went and got two, and by the time i sat down it said ive timed out or somet and wanted me to start again , so i closed it and will do it when i'm full bottle, havent these people heard of paypal

Wandering and wondering downunder

Cheers all

• Like 2

Thanks Norman, I shall mention PayPal to our Treasurer surely he has to be interested in something that makes it easier to donate money, I never met a treasurer of any sort that wasn't.

Martian 👽

On 10/09/2018 at 15:27, Martian Hale said:

Martian 👽

It may look easier on that page but it isn't until you start using it that you see how crapulous it is

I just tried again, but I'd rather slip a few bob in an envelope than have it mess about, 'specially as it has some of my details locked into a vanishing page

I hope this went through but I doubt its efficacy

Martian has gone quiet, hope its because you are off enjoying life

👍

• Like 1

I'm OK Bill. I have been starting to clean up the fuselage joins and mostly waiting for the new windscreen to arrive so I can get the transparencies blended into the fuselage. 

I did a test donation to the unit and everything went through fine. I suspect all the waffle that has to be filled in is probably something to do with gift aiding donations and the government being able to tell if they are eligible or not.

I really appreciate people even trying to donate to the unit, it was something that had never even crossed my mind and I feel rather humbled by it.

I wonder what awaits me on the water this weekend? Looking at the weather forecast, I foresee plenty of people out on boats which usually means a lot of hard work, whacko!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good luck on the water

I think I may have made two donations

Or none, I cannot get an acknowledgement screen up

The tablet screen keeps going that convoluted pick a person to donate to thing

I might just post an envelope

:(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Good luck on the water

I think I may have made two donations

Or none, I cannot get an acknowledgement screen up

The tablet screen keeps going that convoluted pick a person to donate to thing

I might just post an envelope

:(

I'm sorry you have been having trouble with this, I shall consult our treasurer when he gets back from holiday.

In other news, I got the overhead portholes glued in place and the initial sanding done. I have had a bit of an issue with part of the fuselage seam above the passenger cabin opening up. I have flooded the area in question with more liquid cement and thin super goo. Best to leave it for 24 hours to cure properly before I have another bash at it. I also got the wings mounted following a bit more fettling. The fit was a bit tight in places and I wonder if this, or my clumsiness in fitting the wing might have been responsible for springing the join. Anyway, I shall leave well alone before having another bash tomorrow night when hopefully I will be in a position to get some pictures posted.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

A few days late but as promised here are the pictures of the fuselage and wings together. There will be some awkward Milliput action needed where the leading edges of the wings meet the fuselage but otherwise a pretty decent fit. The seam on the top of the fuselage is no longer trying to open up but will need the smallest of smears of Mr Dissolved Gloop to eliminate the get rid of it entirely. The port holes on the cabin roof have been blended into the rest of the fuselage and polished back to clarity. Next job after sorting out those leading edges will be to get the tail feathers attached. 

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, longshanks said:

A thing of Beauty !

:clap2:

Kev

You are too kind Sir. In theory at least , after today and excepting band rehearsal on Saturday evening, my time is my own until next Wednesday so hopefully I can get some more done on this and some of my other projects.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Does look very nice with the wings on . 

All the best 

Chris 

Cheers Chris, as long as nobody drops out of their MVS duties this weekend, I hope to have the tail on and although there will still be much sanding and polishing to do, we will at least have a complete airframe and she can have that obligatory maiden flight round the kitchen.

Overoptimistic of Mars 👽

STOP PRESS

In the late news, Mrs Martian bought me an old Airfix Sunderland kit, proper written instructions, Roy Cross artwork, decals referred to as transfers and a price label of 13/9d still on the box. All sorts of childhood memories flooding back!

• Like 5

On 9/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Norman, I shall mention PayPal to our Treasurer surely he has to be interested in something that makes it easier to donate money, I never met a treasurer of any sort that wasn't.

Martian 👽

'ere, you looking at me?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Gorgeous de Havilland elegance.  

Second only to the Sea Vixen 😉

Thanks Crisp, you won't get an argument from me on that score.

1 hour ago, Fishbed said:

'ere, you looking at me?

If the cap fits Tim, if the cap fits...…...

Martian 👽

• Like 1