Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

2 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello my Dear tentacled one,

Save some pics for your digital frame, this interior is a real gem !

You did great !

CC Advice… If you Don't know what to finish first, Roc, Starfighter, helix or so…. What left to do is Starting another one….:rofl2:

Now you Know !! :rofl2::cheers:

Sincerely

CC The Evil child from the nasty corner….

The digital frame is a distinct possibility if this one turns out to my satisfaction. As to your suggestion about starting another kit: I just did!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Martian 

Hope you are okay fella. Interior looks amazing along with cockpit too. Great work. 

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks Chris. I'm fine, especially as the weather in Poole is so bad that the MVS patrol I was down to do today has been cancelled which means I can get some modelling done followed by eating one of Mrs Martian's superb roast dinners and downing a bottle of quality wine this evening. I think I can cope with all that.

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Marvellous detailed work Martian, she’s a beauty :) 

Thanks Ced.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

I hope you do cope with it Martian, important to keep the old strength up

So you can give this full attention before we lose it in the ether, lost amongst the other builds of yours we'll be keeping up with

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, perdu said:

I hope you do cope with it Martian, important to keep the old strength up

So you can give this full attention before we lose it in the ether, lost amongst the other builds of yours we'll be keeping up with

Fret ye not Bill. I have never had any problem with eating Mrs Martian's grub or drinking good wine, nor is that situation to change in the near future.

I have just applied some Klear to the cabin windows so I will have to be patient to allow that to cure properly. Gives me a bit longer to find the stuff I so carefully put aside for the curtains I guess!

Martian 👽

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Norman said:

Hello Martian !

Any progress of late ?

Hope all is OK on your planet

Cheers

I haven't been able to get any modelling at all done for a couple of weeks, the last time was 26th August. An ever increasing MVS work load has left me so tired that I have done precious little other than sleep since Thursday and next week doesn't look any more promising either. I have had words with my Head of Unit on the subject as I am physically and mentally unable to carry on like this much longer and getting rather resentful into the bargain. We have way too few members trying to cope with an ever increasing work load and far too many who fail to contribute. I wanted to have a holiday this month but have felt morally unable to do so. Mrs Martian, our unit secretary, is also getting similarly burnt out and she has to go to work as well.

Sorry about the rant. :angrysoapbox.sml:

Martian 👽

• Sad 8

I think ditto

But the website for just giving is very clunky

Martian do take care to take care of your SELVES 

We simply do not have enough alien visitors in our world mate (PS not referring to Jill in those terms, just in case she needs to get me at Telford)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Guys, I am almost lost for words! I am genuinely very touched.

Martian 👽

PS: I just checked out the Just Giving website. Clunky isn't the word, I'm surprised people don't lose the will to live trying to use it! Sadly we can't do anything about it as we don't own the site.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I just checked out the Just Giving website.

It was only afterward that I checked it wan't the Martian Voluntary Service and that I'd sent the stuff to the wrong planet....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello Dear tentacled one !

Please take care of yourself and your good Lady !

The Martian Voluntary Service is a good thing but think about "Chi va piano, va sano, chi va sano, va lontano" Sorry @giemme the spelling is surely wrong !

Hope that you'll grew better soon !

And what's news about the keel hauling ?? Was it funny ??

Take your time and have some rest (and a good beer !)

Would you me to send you some rocket fuel ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear tentacled one !

Please take care of yourself and your good Lady !

The Martian Voluntary Service is a good thing but think about "Chi va piano, va sano, chi va sano, va lontano" Sorry @giemme the spelling is surely wrong !

Hope that you'll grew better soon !

And what's news about the keel hauling ?? Was it funny ??

Take your time and have some rest (and a good beer !)

Would you me to send you some rocket fuel ??

Sincerely.

CC

I don't know about rocket fuel, I think I need dylithium crystals. Anyone have the address of Captain Kirk to hand?

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

Feeling knackered but guilty, I slunk up the Martian Cave, tentacles between legs and made a start on buttoning up the fuselage. I discovered that it is best not to glue the interior in place and just let it find it's own level. I shall let the glue cure overnight and the flood the join with CA Prior to sanding down the joints. In fact, I think I will get the skylights glued in place as well so I can get them faired in with CA as well. Better remember to give them a coat of Klear beforehand.

Thanks for looking

Martian  

075.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

• Like 14

I think that the fantastic work you did on the interior has paid off.

I can see the viewers of the completed model peeping through the windows to catch a glimpse of the inside and discovering something different every time.

Sadly I can understand your frustration with the MVS.

I had a similar situation 20 years ago where I was getting shafted with an insane workload.

I resigned the position when it was obvious that the powers that be were like chocolate fire escapes and instead of doing anything were relying on my sense of duty to keep the unit going.

• Like 5

Thanks Richard. I now need to be careful not to get sanding dust on the inside of the cabin and flight deck.

My trouble is that I have too strong a sense of duty for my own good. I wish I could change but deep down I know I can't.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheBaron said:

It was only afterward that I checked it wan't the Martian Voluntary Service and that I'd sent the stuff to the wrong planet....

If it's not the Martian Voluntary Service, then what is MVS? Mobile Vacuum Systems? Monetary Valuation Summations? Marine Vessel Sanitation? Musical Variety Sensations?

• Haha 2

Aha! An Automobile Association for boaters. We could use something like that in The Colonies. We have too many idiots in boats on area lakes. Every weekend we hear of someone drowning or injured in a boating accident, in spite of lake rangers and police. There is often alcohol involvement or failure to wear life vests. The only good thing that can be said about them is that by removing themselves from the gene pool, they are helping to advance human evolution.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

My trouble is that I have too strong a sense of duty for my own good. I wish I could change but deep down I know I can't.

It's not you that needs to change. It's those that exploit your good nature, so the only change you should make is to make it clear to them that enough is enough.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, amblypygid said:

It's not you that needs to change. It's those that exploit your good nature, so the only change you should make is to make it clear to them that enough is enough.

Thanks for being supportive Chris.

Martian 👽

• Like 1