Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

50 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Martian, that just looks superb in all of its scarletty crimsony marvellousness.

You are the King of Plush Seating.

Thank you your Baronessness, it struck me that they would not be out of place in your boudoir. 

44 minutes ago, Norman said:

Blimey Martian that looks excellent!

Thanks Norman, the seats took quite a while to do.

33 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Beautiful silinky elegance!!

Can I book a flight?

Kev

Thanks Kev, so much so that I will ask my friend the chief Vogon if I can borrow his shrinking machine so we can fit you in. Sadly however, his resizing machine has been unserviceable for some time now. Something about him not being able to get the parts?

9 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Having followed this build for 23 pages, being in turn entertained and informed, I can truthfully say that I think Martian you've really impressed me with these shots.

The tables look like the real thing, and the way you've painted the seats makes them look well used and worn.

A fine job so far, now looking forward to the final assembly.

Thank you Mr Whofan sir. The shading on the seats is slightly exaggerated but this done on purpose in order to make them stand out a bit more when the fuselage is buttoned up.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Exactly everything the other folks said

Even the plush padded fabric rolls look soft enough to gently hold without 'digging in' which I'm certain would have been part of the design brief

Rather out of this world sir

On behalf of engineers everywhere may I, in mitigation, say of the chap on your esteemed vessel

Drown the wretch after making him bathe in his idleness induced slurry

OK Number One, carry on

Looks like fuselage closure looms prettily ahead, full steam

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

Exactly everything the other folks said

Even the plush padded fabric rolls look soft enough to gently hold without 'digging in' which I'm certain would have been part of the design brief

Rather out of this world sir

On behalf of engineers everywhere may I, in mitigation, say of the chap on your esteemed vessel

Drown the wretch after making him bathe in his idleness induced slurry

OK Number One, carry on

Looks like fuselage closure looms prettily ahead, full steam

Cheers Bill. It did cross my mind about drowning the engineer in the slurry but then I realised we wouldn't be able to get him into the contaminants barrel, so keel hauling it will have to be.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hi Martian 

The interior looks absolutely and splendidly fantastic.  The seats look great with the highlights . The lamps now come into their own with the lovely shine and those tables they look stunning with the varnished wood effect you have achieved.  Stunning work.

Keep up the good work. 

All the best 

Chris 

• Like 1

Absolutely bloomin' marvellous! The finish on those seats and tables is a miniature work of art Martian and the little, no TINY, details are amazing...

As usual, your work is out of this World :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Never mind, opportunities for karma usually happen

It's karma

😱

And I have a memory measured in light years.

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Martian 

The interior looks absolutely and splendidly fantastic.  The seats look great with the highlights . The lamps now come into their own with the lovely shine and those tables they look stunning with the varnished wood effect you have achieved.  Stunning work.

Keep up the good work. 

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks Chris, it does seem that the chrome paint pens were a good buy.

3 hours ago, CedB said:

Absolutely bloomin' marvellous! The finish on those seats and tables is a miniature work of art Martian and the little, no TINY, details are amazing...

As usual, your work is out of this World :D 

Thanks Ced but being an alien, my work would have to be out of this world, no matter how good or bad it was.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Ooooh Keelhauling! i'd pay good money to see that !

I am reliably informed that it is best viewed from beneath the surface, wearing diving gear. The chap getting keel hauled doesn't get any BTW.

Martian 👽

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hello Dear tentacled one,

Wow, Hat up my Dear alien friend !

The seatings are top notch !! Please accept the congratulations from the rocket fuel county !!

Those great seats are appealing !! especially for the nice ladies from the advertisement !!

Mmmmmhhhh !

You really did great, raising again your quality standard !!

Sincerely.

CC

I hope that you did'nt have spilled your beer when choking and laughing :cheers:

Keel hauling !! what a great idea !! is this politically correct ??

• Like 1

Now.....Corsaircorp...my dear chap, you ask, ''Is this politically correct'' I guess in some of the more 'cultured parts of the planet or  universe it may well be considered inappropriate

However in this thread we are all real beings still living in an age where a man is responsible for his actions, none of that whining from the morons on the end of your mobile phone explaining that it was not 'their' fault they were digging n the wrong place and severed 'Your' phone lines, power and water, oh and gas

Not my fault....not my fault is all I hear these days and I bet that engineer in the brig could say the same thing

But here we judge people by their ability to take their punishment...like men

So damn the torpedoes and bleeding hearts he shall be Keelhauled ......pre Brexit and then we will see if Martian will imbibe and show mercy

So sit back , pour yourself a cold one and enjoy !!!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Norman said:

I am qualified as a scuba diver so no problem !

A grandstand seat for you then!

4 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Keel hauling !! what a great idea !! is this politically correct ??

Who cares?

3 hours ago, Norman said:

So damn the torpedoes and bleeding hearts he shall be Keelhauled ......pre Brexit and then we will see if Martian will imbibe and show mercy.

Having had to take the Large RIB out in some filthy weather because our launch is still US and getting drenched to the skin, mercy is not and is never likely to be on the agenda. Were it up to me, he would already be picking barnacles from his back.

Disgruntled of Mars 👽

• Like 2

Quite a bit to catch up on here Martian, but I must say what a superb looking interior you have created there. Top job! Moving towards closing up the fuselage soon I assume?

Terry

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, massimo said:

That interior looks fantastic!!!

Nice wooden effect on the benches and those red seats look great!!!

Well done Martian!!!

Yes, indeed. That interior looks nicer than that of some apartments I've lived in!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

A grandstand seat for you then!

Who cares?

Having had to take the Large RIB out in some filthy weather because our launch is still US and getting drenched to the skin, mercy is not and is never likely to be on the agenda. Were it up to me, he would already be picking barnacles from his back.

Disgruntled of Mars 👽

That's right, I'm very oftenly drenched but on the roadside…. Keel hauling for cars on account of some stupid Customer who did'nt care about their cars !!

And blame their garage….

Let's the keel hauling began !:evil_laugh:

Anyone who really know me can be sure that "Politically correct" from my mouth is Always a sarcasm :rofl2:

May be collecting the barnacles and having a clam showder for warming us ??? <_< I mean if rain is back when the hauling take place !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Stunning workmanship as always Martian Looks stunning!

Roger

Cheers Roger, we aim to please.

Martian 👽

1 hour ago, CJP said:

Hi Martian - you've done a superb interior for this elegant aircraft - a real credit to your tentacles

CJP

My tentacles signal their thanks!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, greggles.w said:

A wonderful job on that interior - congratulations. It has a very charming character, part railway carriage, part ocean liner, all first class! Polish those windows thoroughly- it needs to be seen.

Thanks Greggles, First class railway carriage is what I was after.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

I have been working away at the flight deck today and although I have not finished the area, a few problems with the kit reared their ugly heads and I felt that I should share them with you sooner rather than later in case anyone is working on this kit as well as me. What? You are all waiting for me to discover the problems with the kit and come up with solutions for them before you begin? Whacko!

The issues both concern the instrument panel. The first is that the film that fits behind the etch parts does not always line up with the holes on the etch for the instruments. I overcame this by cutting the film up into multiple pieces and then lined them up with the holes in the etch.

The second issue is a bit harder to overcome at this stage in the build. The consul that holds the throttle levers and which is attached to the main instrument panel, is too long for the plastic part supplied in the kit. Not wishing to have to start junking parts of the interior at this stage of the build, I just bent the part to fit the plastic and omitted a small panel at the bottom of the consul. Those of you who are, wisely, waiting for me to uncover any issues this kit has will, of course, be able to come up with a cunning plan to avoid the problem.

Martian 👽

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Those of you who are, wisely, waiting for me to uncover any issues this kit has will, of course, be able to come up with a cunning plan to avoid the problem.

My cunning plan in situations such as this is to always wait for the builder to uncover issues, discover problems, and post solutions! 😀

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

My cunning plan in situations such as this is to always wait for the builder to uncover issues, discover problems, and post solutions! 😀

No surprises there then!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2