Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Hello Dear tentacled one !

Really good job on these vents !

Pearlescent….🤔🤔 Disco ball 🤔 Mmmmhhh

I've got some ideas… Wanna know ?? That can be tentative…..

Hope that you will have all these problem fixed soon !

If there have been a cure for Challenging behaviour, I would buy it massively !!

Since I've some candidates here around me...

Have a nice modelling time Dear Martian !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Thanks CC. If I had a cure for challenging behaviour, I would be the richest alien in the universe and everyone would be making their way to the door of my Haunebu.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

Let me know the price of a family-sized pack...

Not to worry Adrian, in the unlikely event that I find a cure, well a legal one that is, I shall be going straight into mass production and the denizens of these august forums will be the first to know about it!

Pessimistic of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

I have never encountered a cure for 'challenging behaviour'  especially in the elderly and infirm it seems to go with the territory!

Very best of luck with it all, I will say this though, they may not know it but they are extremely fortunate to have someone who cares and tries so hard to make things easier for them

Cheers

Love the vents etc by the way

• Like 2

There is no jocular way to define the behaviour of challenging people

My dad had spent years downstairs in their council house with breathing difficulties and assorted other ills

He was looked after by my mom who was getting worn down and although they 'kept it together' she was having it bad

He didnt make any big thing about it but when the doc suggested him going into a respite care home for a few days to let mom recuperate he said yes let's do that

Off they went to our local place of care with his bag packed for a few days

They took him to his little room and he and mom said this is nice

And he promptly passed away

We think he knew the deal and simply didnt want to pass on at mom's home, we the children would have cherished more time to chat

Challenging can be a very varied thing, what you are doing Martian is a fine, no, a wonderful thing to do

I wish you all the very best of the situation

Keep talking to dad, I miss mine all the time

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks Norman. Sadly the behaviour has nothing to do with age or infirmity and is trying my brother's and my patience to breaking point. It would have been the same thirty years ago but then we had Mum to reign him in. My wife has been totally falsely accused of being a thief and banned from his house for evermore and I am still expected to go and help him. He has behaved so badly that my brother's partner refuses to visit him any more and my friends won't visit either. He say that Gill doesn't look after me properly despite the fact that her exemplary care has helped keep me alive at times over the last 25 years. Clearly I know nothing! He seems to have it in for Gill because she is not the sort of wife he would have chosen for me. The funny thing is that I didn't choose Gill for him, I chose her for me! Outrageously selfish behaviour on my part!

He wants to stay in his own home which is perfectly reasonable but will not implement the recommendations of his occupational therapists. He is very comfortably off but refuses point blank to spend a penny more than the ÂŁ57 a week benefit he gets on the extra care he needs to be safe at home. We get him to agree to measures to make life easier and safer for him but as soon as our backs are turned he goes back on what has been arranged. If one does 1000 things for him and get 999 right, he will ignore that and complain like hell about the one that has gone wrong, no matter how trivial. The last time he spoke to Gill he was ranting on about things I had done wrong when I was less than five years old!

Sorry Guys but all this has been badly affecting my health and bottling it up is aggravating the situation. Normally I am an extremely loyal person but I no longer see why I should suffer by keeping quiet under the current circumstances.

So thanks Norman, you have actually done me a favour by pushing me past the point where I have to open up for my own sanity. I also don't have to make out to you Guys that all is well when it isn't, you all deserve better than that.

I have a weeks holiday from Saturday when my phone will stay resolutely turned off. I shall check in with my brother most evenings but come hell or highwater, I am going to have a hassle free week. I don't know whether it is practical to take this build with me given the fact that I am very soon going to have to get the airbrush out. But I shall certainly take some plastic with me to have play around with.

There, that feels a bit better.

Martian 👽

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

32 minutes ago, perdu said:

There is no jocular way to define the behaviour of challenging people

My dad had spent years downstairs in their council house with breathing difficulties and assorted other ills

He was looked after by my mom who was getting worn down and although they 'kept it together' she was having it bad

He didnt make any big thing about it but when the doc suggested him going into a respite care home for a few days to let mom recuperate he said yes let's do that

Off they went to our local place of care with his bag packed for a few days

They took him to his little room and he and mom said this is nice

And he promptly passed away

We think he knew the deal and simply didnt want to pass on at mom's home, we the children would have cherished more time to chat

Challenging can be a very varied thing, what you are doing Martian is a fine, no, a wonderful thing to do

I wish you all the very best of the situation

Keep talking to dad, I miss mine all the time

Thanks Bill, clearly our posts crossed but as you can see, I have decided to get it all off my chest.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

I would not compare the situations Martian, in your shoes, even allowing for the gravity compensation, I'd have no hesitation doing what you are planning

I wish you and Gill well in this debilitating situation, my dad only left us sad not angry

It just isn't ever fair mate, have a damned good weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Martian 

Glad I got you to get that off your chest it wasn't my intention but hey if things work in my life I reckon its a bonus! so there you go

You are doing beyond exceptional in my opinion, that may be bad grammar but its the message that counts correct? I wish I was closer I'd buy you a few pints to ease ya pain! 

Keep looking after yourself and your better half and do remember you must stay positive you have an Albatross in the Hanger the Universe is waiting to see rolled out! mmmmmmmmmm

All the best

Norm

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Hi Martian 

Glad I got you to get that off your chest it wasn't my intention but hey if things work in my life I reckon its a bonus! so there you go

You are doing beyond exceptional in my opinion, that may be bad grammar but its the message that counts correct? I wish I was closer I'd buy you a few pints to ease ya pain! 

Keep looking after yourself and your better half and do remember you must stay positive you have an Albatross in the Hanger the Universe is waiting to see rolled out! mmmmmmmmmm

All the best

Norm

Thanks Norman. Fortunately, at least the beer situation is under control and Mrs Martian has found us a cottage about 100 yards from a real ale pub for next week.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good to vent from time to time Martian and good to know you have a bunch of mates here prepared to listen and give support. :) 

Relatives can be frustrating I know and I hope the imminent break gives you a chance to recharge the batteries.

Have a good one :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CedB said:

Good to vent from time to time Martian and good to know you have a bunch of mates here prepared to listen and give support. :) 

Relatives can be frustrating I know and I hope the imminent break gives you a chance to recharge the batteries.

Have a good one :) 

Thanks Ced, things haven't been good for a while but the last six months have been hell. It is often said that friends are the family we choose for ourselves and the older I get, the more I find this to be true.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

Hi Martian

I feel your pain and frustration, going through a mild dose (in comparison) of your problems.

If it helps in anyway to have a rant on your  blog about your problems fill your boots, as we say on earth.

After all you give us it's the least we can do is to listen.

Enjoy your time away, Real Ale and modelling  I think will be perfect therapy but DO NOT   attempt both at the same time. The thought of alcohol, CA and scalpels :poo:

Kev

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

It is often said that friends are the family we choose for ourselves and the older I get, the more I find this to be true.

Hear, hear. Sounds like you & Mrs Martian could well do with a break.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

Hi Martian

I feel your pain and frustration, going through a mild dose (in comparison) of your problems.

If it helps in anyway to have a rant on your  blog about your problems fill your boots, as we say on earth.

After all you give us it's the least we can do is to listen.

Enjoy your time away, Real Ale and modelling  I think will be perfect therapy but DO NOT   attempt both at the same time. The thought of alcohol, CA and scalpels :poo:

Kev

Thanks Kev, things do seem a bit better this morning now that I don't have to make out that everything is OK. As to real ale and modelling, I have been getting away with it for years and have the scars to prove it, so there! :tease:

1 hour ago, amblypygid said:

Hear, hear. Sounds like you & Mrs Martian could well do with a break.

Thanks Chris, it is well over due. We haven't had a break since last September and all the hassle has left us completely wrecked, which we intend to resolve by getting completely wrecked in an entirely different fashion.:drunk:

Martian 👽

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Vent away to your heart's content old fruit.

It's your thread and we likes you!

Thank you your Baronesship, you are a real sweetie.

Back on the model front, a serendipitous logging into the Big H revealed that a masking set has been released by Avalon Models. I discovered this as I was on the point of starting work on masking the transparencies on the kit. That part of the build is now on hold pending the arrival of the said masking set on my door mat. I think I will do some work on the radio operator's desk today so I can get the model ready to have some paint lobbed at it.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

Commiserations, Martian.  Have a pleasant break, beer, a good book and the company of your lovely lady wife should do it.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles I have been there.

Take care of yourself and Mrs Martian and have a good break

Roger

Thanks Roger, I know I'm not the first person to go through something like this and knowing that does help a bit.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Commiserations, Martian.  Have a pleasant break, beer, a good book and the company of your lovely lady wife should do it.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. We are going to enjoy the break no matter what.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

That's the spirit!

Are you teleporting,using the stargate or just going in the UnselfishBonyCowrie.gif

We shall be going in Sarah-Jane as the weather seems set fair for the week and she can get her top off. for those not in the know, this is Sarah-Jane although she now has a new top and flashy new Minilite wheels.

101_2195.jpg

Martian 👽

• Like 10

Not much room for an airliner or will you have a drone to carry it behind you? Hope you enjoy the sunshine and real ale and relaxation. Looking forward to the resumption of this great build.

Don

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teuchter said:

Not much room for an airliner or will you have a drone to carry it behind you? Hope you enjoy the sunshine and real ale and relaxation. Looking forward to the resumption of this great build.

Don

Its not so much the size of the model, the TR7 has a boot the size of a Tardis, but having to pack all my airbrushing equipment due to the fact that painting the interior will be necessary in the very near future. I will have a scratch around this evening to see what I can take with me.

Martian 👽

• Like 3