Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Oh Dear Admiral of the martian intergalactic fleet !

Do you think that I really need to be exited ?? :rofl2:

Maybe the result of abuse of Fonderie kits

Thanks to remind me the name of Bertrand, Pierre has met him again in Ransart !

Have a good night Dear Alien !

Sincerely.

CC

Edited by corsaircorp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Do you think that I really need to be exited ?? :rofl2:

The very thought will give nightmares for the next month!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 12:47 AM, Martian Hale said:

embuggerances

On 6/16/2018 at 6:22 AM, cngaero said:

transbuggerafied and tansbuggerification 😀

This thread really has taken on some, how will I say it, "je ne sais quoi", perhaps even style. Thanks Martian & cngaero for my education this arvo, I shall happily reuse those words till people get sick(er) of me. :D

I love your Albatross Martian, though mine, when/if it happens will stay will buttoned up, I'm with Mr T on that.  :)

I've had my share of those words above of late, my MiL threatening to peg out but not quite getting around to it for 2 1/2 months now with massive disruption to our family unit, I haven't used sprue cutters in anger for longer than I care to mention, I really do go to work for a break, there now.  ;)

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know about the thread having a bit of "je ne sais quoi" about it Steve, more of a "je n'ai aucunne idee"!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

I  had to look that up, yup, it can be a struggle at times. ;)

Steve.

I know, I have been getting away with having "aucunne idee" ever since I did my first WIP here!

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ooooooo the forward compartment looks great with all your additions. 

Great work fella 

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks Chris, more additions momentarily. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

As promised a few moments ago, I present the results of a fettle I managed to get in before a somewhat cold and very wet MVS patrol. :rain:

I began by cutting some lengths of 20 'thou plastic rod to serve as curtain rails and gluing them in place. The next bit was a bit more interesting. Above the windows there is some trunking which carried ventilation to the passenger seats. A bit like one sees on coaches today. This was constructed from lengths of .60 x .20 'thou plastic strip. Holes were then drilled in the appropriate positions and the vents cut from lengths of Albion Alloys aluminium tubing. To allow for positioning the vents in assorted positions as they would appear in real life, the tubing chosen was of a slightly smaller than the previously drilled holes. When all is painted up, I need to add a pearlescent up light between each vent. I already have a cunning plan for the pearlescent bit.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures and as always, thanks for looking.

Drenched of Mars 👽

053.jpg

052.jpg

051.jpg

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Wow that's great. This interior is fantastic.

All the best 

Chris 

We aim to please!

24 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Fine work.

Very, very fine. :nodding:

Hope you're all dried off there now Hornblower after returning to harbour!

Thank you Baroness. I have now gone from soaking to merely somewhat "moist". I dread to think what @CedB will make of that one!

20 minutes ago, Norman said:

Blimey Martian that looks very good !

Cheers

Thanks Norman. I have to sort out the radio operator's equipment ( another opening for @CedB) and decide whether it is worth adding the luggage racks, they will be next to invisible, and the interior will be ready for priming. Then it will be back to cleaning up those joints around the wing leading edge intakes.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

Marvellous work Martian, just marvellous. Seems a shame to close it up...

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

( another opening for @CedB)

😨 Fnaar fnaar!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CedB said:

Marvellous work Martian, just marvellous. Seems a shame to close it up...

😨 Fnaar fnaar!

Thanks Ced, I am coming to the same opinion about closing it up. I have the pictures so it coms down to whether I think the build worthy of the digital photo frame plan I used on the SH-34. I guess we will have to wait and see on that one as there is still a whole heap of things for me to screw up!

Martian 👽 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Andrew.S said:

It´s getting more and more perfect with every step you make! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Thanks Andrew but is far from that.

22 minutes ago, AMB said:

I saw the title of this topic, as was expecting to see a build of a Grumman HU-16 Albatross flying boat?🤨

Sorry, De Havilland is the only flavour we have in stock at the moment.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 20:54, Martian Hale said:

I need to add a pearlescent up light between each vent. I already have a cunning plan for the pearlescent bit.

neat modelling skills on display here …..

Would a working disco light be out of the question?  :whistle:

Kev

• Haha 2

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:33, longshanks said:

neat modelling skills on display here …..

Would a working disco light be out of the question?  :whistle:

Kev

Thanks Kev but you should know by now that its a bad idea to dangle daft ideas in front of me. I rise to the bait far too often!🎣

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:31, perdu said:

Hmm.….

Not bad, you are quite good at this stuff arent you

Looks amazing Martian, wow

Thanks Bill, having been at this game for over fifty years, I think I am only now beginning to run out of mistakes to make!

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:38, AdrianMF said:

Splendid work on that interior! I like the mesh in the luggage compartment - made me forget I was looking at 1/72!

Regards,

Adrian

From you Adrian, that's quite some compliment.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I haven't had any Albatross today.

Where's my Albatross?

I have been in Oxford trying to sort out elderly parent problems. I would rather have been working on my model but this a case of life being an awkward bugger. ☹️

Martian 👽

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I have been in Oxford trying to sort out elderly parent problems. I would rather have been working on my model but this a case of life being an awkward bugger. ☹️

Martian 👽

I'm sorry to hear that those health care matters are still ongoing for you Martian and send my best wishes for a satisfactory resolution. Please excuse my earlier flippancy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I'm sorry to hear that those health care matters are still ongoing for you Martian and send my best wishes for a satisfactory resolution. Please excuse my earlier flippancy.

Not to worry Tony, the medical side of things is moving in the right direction. Sadly however, there is no cure for "challenging" behaviour. 

Martian 👽

• Like 1