Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Seeing as how the lull in life's embuggerances seems to be continuing, I got in a decent session at the bench this morning.

Research indicates that the area of the fuselage opposite the pantry was some sort of luggage storage with a netting frontage. As a result it was "Out plastic card and some Eduard mesh" and the structure duly assembled. It was very important to get a very accurate fit of the forward bulkhead of the luggage compartment as it is very visible through the open doorway. Remind me why I opened up the wretched thing in the first place. The fit in the pictures doesn't look too good but that is down to the interior assembly just being held in place with a bit of tape for the photographs. In reality the fit is fine.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

050.jpg

049.jpg

048.jpg

047.jpg

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Azgaron said:

Nice work Martian! Looks nice with that luggage area! :)

Håkan

Thanks Hakan, I might even try and get some scale luggage for it.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

Very nice Martian, did you cut the door in the fuselage out with a hyper accurate disintergrator beam, or have you an appendage with a fine cutting claw? I plan not having much of the interior on view on my kit. 

My wife and I have a theory that after losing so many beds in 'efficiency' savings, the hospitals are desperate to move patients on. The problem is is that social services have also had to make cuts and are bound to contract services out with the results there are turf wars etc. that the front line staff have no control over and have to do the best for their patients/clients in spite of the system. It is one of reason Mrs T changed jobs as she did not like the way things were going (more money helped as well) 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Very nice Martian, did you cut the door in the fuselage out with a hyper accurate disintergrator beam, or have you an appendage with a fine cutting claw? I plan not having much of the interior on view on my kit. 

My wife and I have a theory that after losing so many beds in 'efficiency' savings, the hospitals are desperate to move patients on. The problem is is that social services have also had to make cuts and are bound to contract services out with the results there are turf wars etc. that the front line staff have no control over and have to do the best for their patients/clients in spite of the system. It is one of reason Mrs T changed jobs as she did not like the way things were going (more money helped as well) 

Thanks Mr T, I just used a twist drill and scalpel.

As to the hospital, they really shot themselves in the foot as Dad was ready to come home a week before he did. Social services were not involved as he pays for his own care. They just kept changing their minds as to what was going to happen and despite promises to keep me up to speed with things, they utterly failed to do so. This resulted in a waste of everyone's time and resources. Although the hospital have been full of profuse apologies and admit that they screwed up, it has left us dreading a repeat performance which, given Dad's advanced years, is a distinct possibility.

23 minutes ago, Andrew.S said:

You go with style Martian, it´s feast for the eyes :clap2:

Thanks Andrew, hopefully I have sated your appetite for now at least.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Hello Dear tentacled one !

Very good job on the interiors ! You did great once again.

The netting is also visible on the stewardess pic I did sent earlier. Whatever, very great job !

I'm sorry about your father, I join Norman, you have to take care of yourself and your good lady !

I'm in the same situation, my mother had a stroke last year and how did she get out of this is incredible !

But last month she has decided to walk again… With the left side of her body almost unusable...

Resulting in a fall and a broken femur… My father is 80 this year and both the 2 of them did'nt want to hear a word about A&E

They live at a good 50 kms from my home, so I get up there from time to time.

We never had a good Relationship and I'm the only one of their children who see them

It's pretty hard sometimes so I fully understand the way you are.

Take care and keep carryin' that great work of an Albatros !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

Top notch work on that interior it looks spot on to me.

Hope all goes well with your father and everything settles down again.

Roger 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

047.jpg

One word really ............... stunning and meticulous attention to detail ............ ok thats six I know.

Terry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

life's embuggerances

Is that copyright or can I use it?

I still can't believe that I am enjoying a 'civvy' build. (so I'll let you off with the lack of Kamovrotarystuff)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Seeing as how the lull in life's embuggerances seems to be continuing, I got in a decent session at the bench this morning.

That's got to be my new favourite word. 

It ranks up there with transbuggerafied and tansbuggerification 😀

The Albatross is coming on very nicely and the interior will look great when it's finished. 

• Haha 3

The variety of shapes, sizes and textures that you're adding to that inner sanctum are up to your usual meticulous standards, making this quite special. :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear tentacled one !

Very good job on the interiors ! You did great once again.

The netting is also visible on the stewardess pic I did sent earlier. Whatever, very great job !

I'm sorry about your father, I join Norman, you have to take care of yourself and your good lady !

I'm in the same situation, my mother had a stroke last year and how did she get out of this is incredible !

But last month she has decided to walk again… With the left side of her body almost unusable...

Resulting in a fall and a broken femur… My father is 80 this year and both the 2 of them did'nt want to hear a word about A&E

They live at a good 50 kms from my home, so I get up there from time to time.

We never had a good Relationship and I'm the only one of their children who see them

It's pretty hard sometimes so I fully understand the way you are.

Take care and keep carryin' that great work of an Albatros !

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks for the compliments and also for the understanding CC.

3 hours ago, Hamden said:

Top notch work on that interior it looks spot on to me.

Hope all goes well with your father and everything settles down again.

Roger 

Thanks Roger, I am just enjoying the lull in crisis for the minute.

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

One word really ............... stunning and meticulous attention to detail ............ ok thats six I know.

Terry

Thanks Terry. I just took another look at the pictures and the work doesn't seem as good as I first thought.

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Marvellous Martian. :)

Can I ask how you made the little luggage bay door please?

Thanks Ced, I just cut it from a scrap of 20 'thou plastic card and added the knob from a sliver of shaped plastic rod.

1 hour ago, Scimitar said:

Is that copyright or can I use it?

I still can't believe that I am enjoying a 'civvy' build. (so I'll let you off with the lack of Kamovrotarystuff)

I am rather surprised at the interest the thread has attracted, given that it is just something I am knocking together as a bit of a treat to myself.

1 hour ago, cngaero said:

That's got to be my new favourite word. 

It ranks up there with transbuggerafied and tansbuggerification 😀

The Albatross is coming on very nicely and the interior will look great when it's finished. 

Thanks Cngaero. I already seem to have added way more than I ever intended.

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

Great work going on there Martian.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart.

26 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

The variety of shapes, sizes and textures that you're adding to that inner sanctum are up to your usual meticulous standards, making this quite special. :thumbsup2:

Thanks Tony but you probably need to avoid inner sanctums with Ced lurking!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I am rather surprised at the interest the thread has attracted, given that it is just something I am knocking together as a bit of a treat to myself.

Martian 👽

Dear Martian,You called it a treat ???

Many thanks to share the treat with us, what will be a piece of cake or a giant ice cream ??

Wow Impressive !!

I will be glad to do half as good as your so called treat 🤪🤪

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Dear Martian,You called it a treat ???

Many thanks to share the treat with us, what will be a piece of cake or a giant ice cream ??

Wow Impressive !!

I will be glad to do half as good as your so called treat 🤪🤪

Sincerely.

CC

Well, it was never meant to be a major project although it seems to be morphing into one.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Ced, I just cut it from a scrap of 20 'thou plastic card and added the knob from a sliver of shaped plastic rod.

Thanks Martian :)

knew you'd say that... and leave out the skill bit.

Like Michael Angelo eh? "I just chipped away the bits that weren't David" :D 

I shall practice...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CedB said:

Thanks Martian :)

knew you'd say that... and leave out the skill bit.

Like Michael Angelo eh? "I just chipped away the bits that weren't David" :D 

I shall practice...

I'm not sure whether you meant the mesh bit or the door on the forward bulkhead? The mesh bit was a bit fiddly but the door itself is just a couple of scraps of plastic and easily within your skills.

Slightly Confused of Mars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Catch up completed and I'm very impressed by the work, your Alienship.

Dare I ask though? The galley, is that where they keep the wafers?

Thanks Pete, I haven't been able to find out whether it was a galley or just a pantry for cold foods. It is something that has been exercising my mind but it will probably only be resolved after I have jumped the wrong way and glued the fuselage halves together.

Cynical of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I'm not sure whether you meant the mesh bit or the door on the forward bulkhead? The mesh bit was a bit fiddly but the door itself is just a couple of scraps of plastic and easily within your skills.

I meant the door but the mesh is just as impressive...

Thanks for your confidence Martian; if I can make something like that door from 'scraps of plastic' I'll be a happy man. :D 

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:43, Martian Hale said:

I might even try and get some scale luggage for it.

Mind we don't want any old rubbish, only a matching set for this executive transport

That aside it's looking good and coming along well all things considered

Kev

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Mind we don't want any old rubbish, only a matching set for this executive transport

Kev

Yup, I think so, a set of Burberry bag with the tartan of course, That will look great...

Pretty good idea Kev !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CedB said:

I meant the door but the mesh is just as impressive...

Thanks for your confidence Martian; if I can make something like that door from 'scraps of plastic' I'll be a happy man. :D 

All the door is is a rectangle of plastic card, slightly rounded at  the corners with a small knob from a bit of plastic rod;

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

Kev

Thanks Kev, not sure what you have in mind for a matching set though.

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Yup, I think so, a set of Burberry bag with the tartan of course, That will look great...

Pretty good idea Kev !

Sincerely.

CC

Now look what you have done Kev, CC expects me to paint tartan in 1/72 scale! How many times have you been told not to get him excited? You'll be getting @general melchett all un-necessary next.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3