Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

7 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

If your Albatross is sat on the deck, I rather doubt liquid refreshment would be on the cards. Don’t forget, unlike modern airliners, this aircraft sits tail down, so spillage would definitely occur, or servings of short measures.

So, while it’s a nice idea, and I would like to see how you might tackle creating scale glassware, I doubt it would be appropriate in this case. 

Fair point Heather, not that would stop this idiot experimenting just to see if it can be done in this scale. Just ask the usual suspects!

7 hours ago, Courageous said:

Fantastic stuff there Martian, especially those lamps. Do they work :whistle:.

Pinning the tables, are you expecting much air turbulence :sick:.

Stuart

With the tables being resin and having very small bases, I don't want CA failing and ending up with furniture rattling around in a closed up fuselage.

7 hours ago, Andrew.S said:

Really good work indeed. :clap2:

7 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Those lamps look great! 

Thanks Tony and Andrew.

6 hours ago, Hamden said:

The interior is coming together nicely

Roger

Cheers Roger, I'm quite pleased with it so far. I just need to stop myself getting carried away: it has been known to happen.

6 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

My thoughts exactly, oh and where are the switches? 😂

Really great to see this progressing Martian.

\

Terry

I shall see if I can find out where the switches were.

5 hours ago, DMC said:

Have a look at HO gage railroad accessories, Martian, might find something interesting there. 

Cheers

Dennis 

Thanks Dennis, I shall check that out should I decide to fit the curtains.

5 hours ago, bar side said:

Yes Dennis is on to something there.  Very nice lamps there Martian.  Was just looking at these for on/ho carriages.  

https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/working-table-lamps-lamps-and-settings-pullman/

I shall be checking this site out. I shan't be doing the lamps again but they may well have other items that could prove useful.

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

:bandit:Very good job on lamps Dear Martian.

Kay's remark seem right ! In a tailsitter, you'd better have the bottle

Although there can be some spillage…. After a certain lots of bottles :rofl2:

Soooo, My turn to ask now "What about a Half Eaten sandwich ??" :bandit:

Very nice work Indeed, especially when it come to 1/72 !!

Take care and make models

I will do that this evening !

Sincerely.

CC

I may look into where bottles may have been kept on these aircraft. 

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

What is it with you about food and drink in builds...:giggle:

Careful, he may morph into Nigel Heath again and we will all be subjected to gratuitous pictures of his dinner!

Martian 👽

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Dennis, I'm not sure if I can make 1/72 drinks, however, you have got the Martian brain wondering if he could make realistic glasses to scale. :hmmm:Send me the ingredients and I'm sure Mrs Martian will be happy to run some tests on the liquid side of things. 🍹

Martian 👽

Mrs Martian says she pleads guilty as charged and awaits delivery of said ingredients!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Courageous said:

What is it with you about food and drink in builds...:giggle:

It's not me, I just take an advice from a fellow BM'er, found it funny and pressed on !

May be because, I very oftenly have a good beer on the Bench when I'm modelling ! 🤨

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Dear Alien,

The bottle were kept in a kind of cage, look at the stewardess pics !

Oh Casually, What have you done to the moon today ??

Look

WP_20180529_23_40_17_Pro

Another Martian testing or a way to turn the lamps on in the Albatross ???🤔

No pics of my meal today Asparagus in some ham with french belgian fries !

Nothing special at all !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martian says she pleads guilty as charged and awaits delivery of said ingredients!

Ha! Then I could be accused here at chez dmc of plying another man's attractive wife with strong drink...for what purpose?  How about  a Coke or some other fizzy drink? 

Dennis

• Haha 3

Gee Whiz what excellent work on the interior! i am very impressed you really must relate how you became able to shrink yourself down to a size enabling you to construct them!

Buggered if I'll be so adventurous when mine is built!

Most impressive Martian .....However, as for Bar Side's 'Brunhilde and Siegfried' beer duo, i am not so certain

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

It's not me, I just take an advice from a fellow BM'er, found it funny and pressed on !

May be because, I very oftenly have a good beer on the Bench when I'm modelling ! 🤨

Sincerely.

CC

Sensible policy for better modelling!

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Ha! Then I could be accused here at chez dmc of plying another man's attractive wife with strong drink...for what purpose?  How about  a Coke or some other fizzy drink? 

Dennis

That would poison Mrs Martian! If it helps Mrs DMC, Mrs Martian says she is only interested in your booze, not your body?

16 minutes ago, Norman said:

Gee Whiz what excellent work on the interior! i am very impressed you really must relate how you became able to shrink yourself down to a size enabling you to construct them!

Buggered if I'll be so adventurous when mine is built!

Most impressive Martian .....However, as for Bar Side's 'Brunhilde and Siegfried' beer duo, i am not so certain

Cheers

Thanks Norman, I wish I could shrink myself!* No, I rely on the extra tentacle or three combined with a good dose of bloody mindedness! Seriously though, I have some special glasses made up by my optician to my prescription, one set to x8 magnification and the other to x13. I then apply the bloody mindedness, something which people tell me I have a seemingly inexhaustible supply of!

Martian 👽

*The first person to suggest that I give up ale gets a bluglecruncheoning and a ticket to the next Vogon poetry festival!

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Norman said:

Little to Lufthansa?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Those lamps are stunning.  Lovely work (& how do you keep them so consistent?)

Thanks Crisp. I am trying to think of an answer to you question. I can explain how I made them but as to the consistency, all I can say is that I made the first one and then eyeballed the rest to match. It's more than likely down to over fifty years uninterrupted modelling and having developed an instinct for these sort of things.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bar side said:

Little to Lufthansa?

If I can remember what I did with that figure, she will most definitely be in Imperial Airways uniform.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

What have you done to the moon today ??

It was a bit special wasn't it, cold clear frosty weather here just now, went to work last night with the moon climbing above the hills to the east, looked huge. Came home this morning & the moon was hanging low over our western mountains, snow capped now & the whole effect was superb, thought of taking a photo but it'd never do it justice so put it into the nice memories folder. :) There is a space in there reserved for Martian's Albatross when it's done.

Steve.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

There is a space in there reserved for Martian's Albatross when it's done.

Steve.

No pressure to produce a good result then! Thanks for the thought Steve.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

No, no pressure, just high expectations. :)

Steve.

That's alright then!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martian says she is only interested in your booze, not your body?

(big sigh)......story of my life.

Dennis

• Haha 3

I managed to get in a decent fettle today and cracked on with fitting out the passenger cabins. I had noticed that each seat had it's number on a small plaque above it and anal alien that I am spent some considerable time slicing up tiny pieces of plastic rod to duplicate them. Next on the agenda, was to construct the hand holds that are situated each side of the cabin doors. I have a horrible feeling where this cunning plan to keep things as simple as possible is going to end up and despite @Heather Kay 's eminently wise words about the slope of the aircraft on the ground, the thought of those glasses on the tables keeps coming back to tempt me! I may do just one table just to see if it can be done convincingly. :hmmm:Talking of tables, I got so fed up of getting on my tentacles and knees to look for them when I dropped them, that I decided that the best place for them was glued to the model. Even I haven't managed to lose an entire build to the carpet monster (famous last words!). How come we haven't got an emoticon showing a frustrated modeller beating seven shades of the proverbial out of a carpet monster? I should have thought that one would be a sure-fire success! I have kept the seats separate for now in order to make painting them a bit easier.

Went to see John Lydon and Public Image Limited this evening, absolutely top class gig!

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

037.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

• Like 15

Wow Martian 

That interior looks absolutely splendid fella. This is fantastic work.   Crikey glasses eh . You could try turning one out of clear sprue in a tiny lathe, then polishing it with tiny microfibre cloth !!!

Might be worth looking at the glue that you use ultra violet light to set in seconds use that and you will have very clear glasses too. You can pull it with a cocktail stick to shape then set it.

All the best 

Chris 

Edited by bigbadbadge
Edited to add the cocktail stick bit
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Went to see John Lydon and Public Image Limited this evening, absolutely top class gig!

Such a hugely underated British band, really admire Lydon and the band members.

They did a rollicking set at Glasto a few years back, still the best live thing I've seen, worth looking up on Youtube and playing over a soundbar set at 11!

That Albatross interior look absolutely just so!

Wasn't the tricycle undercarriage invented so that one could set ones gin and tonic down without spilling it before take-off?

• Like 1

Nice work with the interior! :)

Glasses on the tables sounds like a fun idea! :)

Håkan

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:26, bigbadbadge said:

Wow Martian 

That interior looks absolutely splendid fella. This is fantastic work.   Crikey glasses eh . You could try turning one out of clear sprue in a tiny lathe, then polishing it with tiny microfibre cloth !!!

Might be worth looking at the glue that you use ultra violet light to set in seconds use that and you will have very clear glasses too. You can pull it with a cocktail stick to shape then set it.

All the best 

Chris 

Thanks Chris. there is some food for thought there.

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:33, 71chally said:

That Albatross interior look absolutely just so!

Wasn't the tricycle undercarriage invented so that one could set ones gin and tonic down without spilling it before take-off?

Thanks James. Good point about the undercarriage!

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:55, Azgaron said:

Nice work with the interior! :)

Glasses on the tables sounds like a fun idea! :)

Håkan

Thanks Hakan.

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 06:07, perdu said:

Glasses on tables?

Before take off?

Just saying...

Well we once ran a quarter of the globe on G and T so why not before take off? I a still trying to be sensible and follow Heather's advice but as we all know, being sensible for any length of time is not exactly one of my strong points. :clown:

Martian 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1