Albatross, Get Your Albatross Here!

Good work on the bays. Will be nice and sturdy on the legs.  I have been experimenting on the Oxford with the U/C legs using Brass but not sure how I will proceed at the moment.

Keep up the great work 

All the best 

Chris 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Norman said:

Nice work!

Thank you o reformed Antipodean, you may even get parole from the naughty corner if you keep it up!

18 minutes ago, perdu said:

I should have subbed out the Gannet wheel bays to you Martian, those look magnificent

👍

Thanks Bill, there are a few more bits to add but they can wait for a bit as I want to get on to the fuselage and am happy that I now have the wings under control. Well, as much as I ever have anything under control! 

Martian 👽

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Good work on the bays. Will be nice and sturdy on the legs.  I have been experimenting on the Oxford with the U/C legs using Brass but not sure how I will proceed at the moment.

Cheers Chris, I think brass will be playing some sort of role in the undercarriage legs of this build as well.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Andrew.S said:

Hi Martian, any new progress? I am still pinned to the computer screen to see your build :popcorn:

Cheers,

Andrew

Hopefully I will be getting some more done today.

Perhaps I should explain: Those that regularly follow my build will know this already but I suffer from multiple health conditions that limit the amount of activity I can undertake at any given time and sadly this includes modelling. This results in my having to take frequent and lengthy periods of rest. Over the last week I have been doing my RYA Day Skipper practical course which has resulted in my exceeding my doctor's recommended amount of heavy activity by a factor of four with predictable, albeit unavoidable, consequences. The upshot of this is that my modelling can be somewhat erratic. Some days I can completely lose myself until I start to feel tired and others, when life gets in the way, progress can be glacial to say the least.

I apologise for not having explained this earlier but it is only now that I have realised that the are a few people following this thread that are new to the world of BM's resident Martian who may not be aware of my circumstances.

Martian 👽

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Take it easy Martian rest up the model ain't going anywhere!

Resume when you are able

Patient Antipodean

• Like 2

Thanks for the concern Guys. I really am fine at the moment, just very tired as I expected I would be after a very high pressured course. My doctor says I must restrict myself to about eight hours full on activity a week maximum and over the four days of the course I did thirty two. I shan't be telling her that though as rather than give you a rollicking, she just makes you feel like you have let her down. I just thought I should explain things to those not in the know as to why progress can be patchy on my threads. I also get easily side tracked into other projects but nobody can help me with that one, says the Martian with a certain vacform kit beckoning at him.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I did manage a short fettle today. I noticed that there is an intake missing from the starboard underside of each engine nacelle so carved a set and added them before I forgot about them.

Next up I removed the ejector pin marks from the insides of the fuselage and gave them a quick micromeshing. I added the wireless operator's table to the cockpit. I have got the basic instrument panel glued in place and have added a couple of shelves behind the starboard rear cockpit bulkhead. These cannot be seen as is but there is still the possibility that I will open the forward fuselage door. I took a good look at opening the passenger door but as nothing more will be seen of the passenger cabin, I have knocked that particular idea on the head. I now have to decide how much detail to add to the passenger cabin. There is the possibility of adding lights, curtains and luggage racks but once again I have to have a good hard think about how much will be seen. Especially as I have that vacform that I will be wanting to get started on as soon as I have gathered together all the extras I need and have run out of space on the work bench. That said, I am still very much enjoying this build.

Martian 👽

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

• Like 13

Hi Martian

That's looking the business mate! i'm tempted to start mine  but i have so many projects on the go i had better not !

Cheers

Norm

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Hi Martian

That's looking the business mate! i'm tempted to start mine  but i have so many projects on the go i had better not !

Cheers

Norm

I don't have an answer to that problem as I suffer from the same condition myself! Probably best to wait and see what other issues I discover with this kit. You will have all the answers on a plate for you then.

Martian 👽

Incoming transmission:

'Albatross: looking a sweeter aircraft with each successive settling. :thumbsup2:

RYA course: hope it's going well - will this qualify you for Vogon craft as well?'

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Incoming transmission:

'Albatross: looking a sweeter aircraft with each successive settling. :thumbsup2:

RYA course: hope it's going well - will this qualify you for Vogon craft as well?'

Thanks Tony. I passed the course but sadly the RYA don't do a Vogon spaceship course so I'll just have to carry on without a licence.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I passed the course

Congratulations Martian. Nice one. :thumbsup2:

I'll be over in Lyme the first week of July if you get disorientated out on a navigation exercise and need to put in to port for a restorative plate of oysters...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well done with the RYA course Martian

Not tooooooo sure a Vogon Master of Construction Fleet certification would do you any good anyway, I heard the course motto is "You Learn - You Fail

Probably best to remain untrained and unnoticed

Love the interior on the Albatross, lots of scope for tittilation in there

Oh no missus, nothing dirty going on

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great progress Prosthetic Martian Jeltz, nice work on the underclottage bays. Sorry to hear you're feeling sub-par at the moment old sausage, perhaps you should seriously consider Tony's offer of a plate of restorative oysters. Now that you're a fully qualified Golgafrincham B-Ark captain a bit of R&R out on the ocean waves might well be the ticket, mind you, oysters and ocean waves.......heave to :sick:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Really good work! :thumbsup:

I think it´ll be seen via the upper round windows, but some of the Albatrosses had them and some had not. So it´s up to you how you decide ;) (you can always draw the curtains...)
How does the inside parts fit into fuelage? Is it ok? I am definitely into the opened front doors! :Tasty:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I now have to decide how much detail to add to the passenger cabin. There is the possibility of adding lights, curtains and luggage racks

I was shying clear of acquiring an Albatross for my 1940 collection, but this thread persuaded me. I just checked the box in the stash - mine's the "RAF" boxing, which is really the camouflaged BOAC variant, which I will be attempting to convert to one of the two mailplane Albatrosses (Albatrossi?) that were actually impressed into RAF service, but I, inevitably, digress - and the passenger compartment bulkheads actually have the lamp shades moulded on. It looks like yours don't. Interesting.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

... but I, inevitably, digress - and the passenger compartment bulkheads actually have the lamp shades moulded on. It looks like yours don't. Interesting.

The lamp shades are moulded only on one side of the wall. The other side is sadly without the details.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, general melchett said:

Great progress Prosthetic Martian Jeltz, nice work on the underclottage bays. Sorry to hear you're feeling sub-par at the moment old sausage, perhaps you should seriously consider Tony's offer of a plate of restorative oysters. Now that you're a fully qualified Golgafrincham B-Ark captain a bit of R&R out on the ocean waves might well be the ticket, mind you, oysters and ocean waves.......heave to :sick:

Hello Melchie,

Oystres, ocean waves AND Belgian rocket fuel....

That will have our Dear Alien back on tracks in a matter of seconds !!

Perhaps a nun or a wrens.... Who knows ??

laughing CC

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Congratulations Martian. Nice one. :thumbsup2:

I'll be over in Lyme the first week of July if you get disorientated out on a navigation exercise and need to put in to port for a restorative plate of oysters...

Give me a call, it sounds that some sort of ale tasting is called for.

11 hours ago, perdu said:

Well done with the RYA course Martian

Not tooooooo sure a Vogon Master of Construction Fleet certification would do you any good anyway, I heard the course motto is "You Learn - You Fail

Probably best to remain untrained and unnoticed

Love the interior on the Albatross, lots of scope for tittilation in there

Oh no missus, nothing dirty going on

😉

Thanks Bill, better not mention titillation, Ced will be on that one in a flash! Oops, probably shouldn't have mentioned flashing either.

Thanks General. I'm not ill, just totally worn out having had to grossly over do things to get through the course. At the moment, if I never see an ocean wave again it will be too soon! Sadly, living in Poole, that's going to be a bit difficult, especially as I have just copped for some last minute duty on Monday. Bugger!

10 hours ago, Andrew.S said:

Really good work! :thumbsup:

I think it´ll be seen via the upper round windows, but some of the Albatrosses had them and some had not. So it´s up to you how you decide ;) (you can always draw the curtains...)
How does the inside parts fit into fuelage? Is it ok? I am definitely into the opened front doors! :Tasty:

Thanks Andrew. The fit of the interior parts is pretty good, certainly far better than I expected. All the parts really need is a bit of clean up.

8 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

I was shying clear of acquiring an Albatross for my 1940 collection, but this thread persuaded me. I just checked the box in the stash - mine's the "RAF" boxing, which is really the camouflaged BOAC variant, which I will be attempting to convert to one of the two mailplane Albatrosses (Albatrossi?) that were actually impressed into RAF service, but I, inevitably, digress - and the passenger compartment bulkheads actually have the lamp shades moulded on. It looks like yours don't. Interesting.

I think I ought to be getting commission from Valom, the attention this thread is getting! I removed the lights from the bulkheads because they were moulded in half relief and looked terrible.

3 hours ago, Azgaron said:

Nice work Martian! Will be good either way you decide to do! :)

Håkan

Cheers Hakon.

35 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Melchie,

Oystres, ocean waves AND Belgian rocket fuel....

That will have our Dear Alien back on tracks in a matter of seconds !!

Perhaps a nun or a wrens.... Who knows ??

laughing CC

Mrs Martian says that both nuns and Wrens are right out!

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 2