Trumpeter new tool Avro Vulcan

thepureness

Just picked up one of these and a Fundekals sheet is enroute.  Not being a Vulcan aficionado can someone enlighten me to the differences between the engines please? Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, keithjs said:

Just picked up one of these and a Fundekals sheet is enroute.  Not being a Vulcan aficionado can someone enlighten me to the differences between the engines please? Much appreciated.

The 200 series engines are longer and slightly cone shaped and stick out from the trailing edge, where as the 300 series are shorter and only slightly beyond the t/e

This pic shows the series 200

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Vulcan_XH558#/media/File%3AXH558_Planform.JPG

8 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

The 200 series engines are longer and slightly cone shaped and stick out from the trailing edge, where as the 300 series are shorter and only slightly beyond the t/e

This pic shows the series 200

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Vulcan_XH558#/media/File%3AXH558_Planform.JPG

Great, thank you Dave. I can see it now.👍

15 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

- although the one pic I could find suggests series 300!
1524144065_30742594_970921593066434_2697

The jetpipes are too long and lack the wing fillets for 300s, but they're not tapered or narrow enough for 200s, seem to be hybrids!

200 pipes

Avro Vulcan

300s

img_0485.jpg?w=648

Edited by 71chally

Mmm, despite the box art I'm somewhat disappointed you can't build it with a 'normal' bomb bay? Blue Steel only or closed.... 

Am I also right in thinking that you can't fit a Blue Steel on Vulcans with the type of tailfin antenna/radar this kit has got? 

Edited by keithjs

On 4/19/2018 at 4:27 PM, janneman36 said:

I am with you, those wheelbays look rather shallow as well!

But hey if it looks good, we never had one in that scale if i am correct..

And in that way i can keep my Airfix one ...

Cheers, Jan

In the  catalogue, if you scroll through it, it's 1/144.

On 17/02/2020 at 10:43, keithjs said:

Mmm, despite the box art I'm somewhat disappointed you can't build it with a 'normal' bomb bay? Blue Steel only or closed.... 

Am I also right in thinking that you can't fit a Blue Steel on Vulcans with the type of tailfin antenna/radar this kit has got? 

I think it does include a normal one, the first WIP is up and includes sprue shots showing one.

Some Blue Steel Vulcans certainly had TFR blisters on the nose when camouflaged, but I don't know of any with the RWR fairing on the tailfin. Both must be removed for a white aircraft.

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I think it does include a normal one, the first WIP is up and includes sprue shots showing one.

Some Blue Steel Vulcans certainly had TFR blisters on the nose when camouflaged, but I don't know of any with the RWR fairing on the tailfin. Both must be removed for a white aircraft.

No, there's no bomb bay as such just a strange shaped blanking plate.. The box art shows an open 'normal' bomb bay. Whats the point of putting a Blue Steel in the kit if neither of the aircraft depicted used them? Unless of course there going to be another release with a 'normal' bomb bay?

I'd also  be interested to know when Vulcans stopped using Blue Steel and the RWR fairing was fitted tho'?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...