Trumpeter new tool Avro Vulcan

thepureness

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, Mike Esposito said:

Would love to see the B.1 in this scale👍

A Vulcan B.1 in 1/144 is due, it was mentioned in the thread on Micro-mir's Victor B.1, to be produced, I think, under the AMP label.  We must be patient!

Edited to correct AMP label.  See post #24 on following link: 

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

I don't see anywhere in stock in the UK. Anyone know if or when it will be available here?

Has anyone gotten one yet?

I saw one about 6 months ago that one of the members of my IPMS-USA club brought to a meeting. I think he got it from Japan or Hong Kong. TBH I didn’t see anything to recommend the kit over the GWH/Pit-Road kit that has been available for a number of years, especially as the Trumpeter isn’t any cheaper.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, Mike Esposito said:

I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the room to display a 1/72 kit that has a 17" wingspan😮. It won't ever get built.

1/144 is perfect for large bombers/airliners. IMHO.

What about a 1/144 kit with a 17" wingspan?:whistle:?:wicked: I don't think I want to get involved in an argument over a "perfect" scale because, if you ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers!:lol:

Allan

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

What about a 1/144 kit with a 17" wingspan?:whistle:?:wicked: I don't think I want to get involved in an argument over a "perfect" scale because, if you ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers!:lol:

Allan

so you actually think there is a market for all those different scales?? :devil: hard to believe...(cynicism off )

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I'm against a 1/144 scale one, but an aircraft model does not have to be underdetailed in that scale... Especially if it is a big plane like the Vulcan. Just add some more details, raise the price 10% and people will still buy it, maybe even more... With that level of detail, I won't...

On 10/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, exdraken said:

so you actually think there is a market for all those different scales?? :devil: hard to believe...(cynicism off )

Ok! Maybe 5 different answers!😂

Allan

• Haha 1

Ah good so December for sure. I emailed Hannants a few weeks ago about this and got the same answer, December. I'll be picking one up for sure. Especially with my Vulcan B1a nearing completion now, I'm wanting to do some B2s. Perfect since the GWH kit is not easily available right now (seriously if anyone wants to get rid of one please let me know)

• 1 month later...

A tad disappointing to see a bit of a lack of research on colour schemes.

558 didn't have blue steel, the intake on the tailcone, or a TFR radar blister. The aircraft also didn't have to ECM plates.

361 seems more correct, but is still shown with two ECM plates.

I can't tell which engines are depicted, hopefully Olympus 201s given that both the aircraft the decals are for had them. 

So my conclusion from this so far? Buy aftermarket decals or be ready to make a few modifications.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, Adam Poultney said:

558 didn't have blue steel, the intake on the tailcone, or a TFR radar blister. The aircraft also didn't have to ECM plates.

I can't tell which engines are depicted, hopefully Olympus 201s given that both the aircraft the decals are for had them. 

So my conclusion from this so far? Buy aftermarket decals or be ready to make a few modifications.

Compared to some of the howlers Trumpyboss has previously committed these are tantamount to blistering accuracy. The RAF option in the Embraer Tucano kit springs to mind.

I presume there will be a future release with appropriate markings for Blue Steel.  Still, with Trumpeter one can never tell.

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I’d love to see a comparison of this kit to the Great Wall/Pit Road 1/144 Vulcan.

I think the trumpeter looks better than the GWH in some ways, and the GWH is better than the Trumpeter in others. I'll likely get hold of both this year at some point, I cut up my previous GWH so I can't really comment on building it as a Vulcan B.2

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2020 at 4:43 AM, Adam Poultney said:

I think the trumpeter looks better than the GWH in some ways, and the GWH is better than the Trumpeter in others. I'll likely get hold of both this year at some point, I cut up my previous GWH so I can't really comment on building it as a Vulcan B.2

That's interesting! Still, my next Vulcan kit purchase will be the new Airfix 1/72 version later in the year.

• Like 2

Which would be a pity, as the GWH/Pitt Road one also had Series 200s (but decals for 300s) - although the one pic I could find suggests series 300!

1524144065_30742594_970921593066434_2697

Price point is equivalent to GWH, although I've seen adverts for as low as £26.99

37 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Which would be a pity, as the GWH/Pitt Road one also had Series 200s (but decals for 300s) - although the one pic I could find suggests series 300!

Mm definitely 300s, but I would like it if someone would just think to include both in a kit... Every Vulcan kit currently out gets it wrong, Airfix's old tool has 301s but 201 a scheme, GWH has wrong engine types for the schemes, some of the Cybberhobby/Dragon schemes are the wrong engine type, now this one. 

The new Airfix kit though, that has it right. 301s and two 301 schemes, although I really hope they put in a set of 201s...