Trumpeter new tool Avro Vulcan

thepureness

Technically this is good news - it means the market is still open for Airfix or Revell to do one in 1/72 which will actually be 90%+ right rather than the ‘ooh we found one bad drawing, let’s mess this up’ company. 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 12by12 said:

Is this the same Vulcan again?  Probably.  It's apparently an ad hoc release of an available mould. It was never in the catalogue.

In the Trumpy photo the front fuselage is separate from the bottom wing half. I've checked my GWH K2, front fuselage+ bottom wing half are one-piece. Different kits I believe.

Edited by Laurent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

In the Trumpy photo the front fuselage is separate from the bottom wing half. I've checked my GWH K2, front fuselage+ bottom wing half are one-piece. Different kits I believe.

Yeah but..if they had a photo back in April, why a CAD image now? There's speculation further up that the photo is an Airfix Vulcan.  I don't know why they even put the CAD in the latest news update if they haven't got anything better.   I normally expect box art to denote imminence. Don't hold your breath on this one. (The pit-road alternative might appeal though).

For those of you who want a decent Vulcan, South Yorkshire (Doncaster) Air Museum have 2 first issue Airfix kits for sale in their Collector's kits section of the shop. They are both under £30. The first issue is excellent for it's day, I have 2, and the parts fit. Just be aware SYAM also have a current 'red' boxing, so if you contact them, be sure to get the right ones. I saw them yesterday afternoon.

• Like 1

1/144? Well, that's a huge let down. Certainly won't be buying this one. Poor choice of scale I reckon. Despite all the ritual and predictable Trumpy bashing, I would have bought a 1/72 kit largely because, in terms of detail and engineering it would likely be streets ahead of the Airfix kit. As for "accuracy"? Well, all my models have to pass just ONE test, the TLAR (That Looks About Right) test.! :whistle::lol:. Needless to say, they ALL pass!

Seriously though, looks like no need to ditch my Airfix kits yet!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

1/144? Well, that's a huge let down. Certainly won't be buying this one. Poor choice of scale I reckon. Despite all the ritual and predictable Trumpy bashing, I would have bought a 1/72 kit largely because, in terms of detail and engineering it would likely be streets ahead of the Airfix kit. As for "accuracy"? Well, all my models have to pass just ONE test! "Al's accuracy test" states that if Al cannot spot anything obviously wrong just by looking at the kit parts then the kit is accurate to his standards! :whistle::lol:

Seriously though, looks like no need to ditch my Airfix kits yet!

Allan

It's only a matter of time before Airfix does a new Vulcan. They already did a bunch of research for the Corgi 1/72 die-cast model so it's obviously on their radar.

15 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

It's only a matter of time before Airfix does a new Vulcan. They already did a bunch of research for the Corgi 1/72 die-cast model so it's obviously on their radar.

Think you're right. Make sense given they have done the other V bombers but, that is of course no guarantee of anything.  Personally, I'm hoping they reissue the Valiant and don't forget  that there were earlier versions of the Victor and Vulcan as well

Allan

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, the box art looks nice, I suppose it would be too much to hope for a detailed bomb bay as it's shown with the bomb doors open?  It will be interesting to see how it stands up against the GWH/Pit Road model.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

12 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Hmmmmmm. Don't see that anywhere. I think you mean the B-1b. I mean a Vulcan b.1😁

I did misunderstand. Saw B-1 and thought about the Bone. Pretty chauvinistic! I too would really like to see a Vulcan B.1.

• Like 2