Trumpeter new tool Avro Vulcan

thepureness

Guys

I've just seen a trumpeter post on Facebook of an Avro Vulcan, no scale or anything. It was in test shot form

https://www.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/?hc_ref=ARSNDRWxBzsZGlWxarLKpKmB1eoZ9i7o9dke8llzuDUnm_O6AcuEgvQNUhs-sUThwBU&fref=nf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From that one pic that's been heavily scrubbed in PhotoShop I get the feeling it's a bit large.  That may be confirmation bias from my POV though, as I'd love one in 1:48 :shrug:

We'll see, we just have to be patient :tumble:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Gear and bays look a bit lacking in detail. I suspect 1/144.

I am with you, those wheelbays look rather shallow as well!

But hey if it looks good, we never had one in that scale if i am correct..

And in that way i can keep my Airfix one ...

Cheers, Jan

Gear and bays look a bit lacking in detail. I suspect 1/144.

From this one grainy image, my thoughts exactly..... look forward to finding out more, hopefully, if and when it transpires it'll turn out to be 1/72nd, we'll just have to wait and see like good little children...

• Like 1

I’m finding the whole thing confusing and actually think it’s a hoax with the Airfix 1/72 kit used. Although you can’t see a wing join, it looks like the detail is raised. The TFR pod looks identical to the Airfix one, as does the tail join. The only things that look different are the small vents and intakes around the engines and the jet cans. The former look plastic but the jet cans look like resin replacements. All the other major joins and ridges are the same as the Airfix Vulcan too. I do hope i’m wrong though and it’s an early test shot of a new 1/72 or 1/48 Vulcan, although we’re stuck with a B.2A again if so 

Cheers,

WV908

Edited by WV908
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, WV908 said:

I’m finding the whole thing confusing and actually think it’s a hoax with the Airfix 1/72 kit used. Although you can’t see a wing join, it looks like the detail is raised. The TFR pod looks identical to the Airfix one, as does the tail join. The only things that look different are the small vents and intakes around the engines and the jet cans. The former look plastic but the jet cans look like resin replacements. All the other major joins and ridges are the same as the Airfix Vulcan too. I do hope i’m wrong though and it’s an early test shot of a new 1/72 or 1/48 Vulcan, although we’re stuck with a B.2A again if so 

Cheers,

WV908

I've had a good look around the photo. Firstly there is very fine recessed panel lines on the kit. You can also clearly seen that the bomb bay is closed with a single larger part which does seem to be fixed in place, hence why it is upside down. 

11 minutes ago, WV908 said:

Cheers,

WV908

I agree that it’s the airfix kit but I don’t believe it’s a hoax as it’s the official Facebook page for Trumpeter and Hobbyboss. What I think is that it’s the airfix kit they’ve used just to give an idea. What they have done however is blurred out anything around it that gives a sense of scale. Therefore I do think they’re doing a Vulcan only they’re rescaling it either smaller or larger because they wouldn’t of done that without a reason. Knowing Trumpeter’s idea of go big or go home I would like to hope that they’re scaling it up! 

Sam :thumbsup:

Edited by The_Lancaster
  • Like 4

We have a decent 1/144 Vulcan from GWH via Pitroad.  Intriguingly Pitroad also works with Trumpy on ships.  Maybe, if 1/144, it's the same Vulcan again.  I'm not near my stash to check it.  Although I don't think a reissue was worthy of a mystery facebook post...

• Like 1

It could be the same kind of PR "double" that Airfix have used in the past.  Pimp out a competitor's product as a mock-up for a product already in the making, and judge reaction.  The main gear bays look a little blank, but then so were the Airfix ones until I got to them.  :hmmm:

All that said, I want it to be 1:48, and everyone that says it isn't is wrong, so ner! :tease:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Using someone else's kit to build a model for marketing purpose is a common thing and there've been plenty of examples in the past.

Using an existing kit to develop a new one is also something not too unusual, although no company will ever admit this.. :D

Even if this is the Airfix kit with some resin addition it doesn't mean that Trumpeter will not issue a new Vulcan. Of course we''l have to wait for some more detail to understand what will actually be issued.

In any case, regardless of the scale, judging by the price tag of recent Trumpeter aircraft kits we should be prepared for an expensive kit

1 hour ago, Giorgio N said:

Using someone else's kit to build a model for marketing purpose is a common thing and there've been plenty of examples in the past.

Using an existing kit to develop a new one is also something not too unusual, although no company will ever admit this.. :D

In any case, regardless of the scale, judging by the price tag of recent Trumpeter aircraft kits we should be prepared for an expensive kit

That may well be, but using a much better detailed kit of someone else‘s kit for the main box photo is way over the top- OK, it was 40 years ago almost, and Revell US.

I have enough Airfix Vulcans not to need any more by anyone.😉