1980 Dodge Ramcharger by Revell

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Are you a Robot ? Thats a heck of a pace. BTW your Ramcharger looks good from what i see. Maybe some more pictures. 

Dennis

Thank you Dennis. I'll post more now that I sure I didn't post this wrong.

• Like 1

Nice truck model.  You've really got that bright red vinyl looking spot on! I can't tell from the pics, did you try to replicate that luxurious 70's faux wood dashboard? Or did you paint it the black you find on later models and aftermarket replacements?

I restore SUV's for a hobby. I've been looking for one of these in 1/1 scale to work on for the last year. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a red and silver truck two summers ago. It had some bad rust on the rocker panels and I was knee deep in my Bronco at the time so I left it. I haven't found a decent one scince. :weep:

1 hour ago, FrozenRabbit said:

I have 3 more on tap. I'm fearful I'll burn out.

That usually happens when I get more than one uncompleted build laying around, which is why I took a 3 month break last year. During that time I reprioritized and came back to the bench 3 months later with a plan. So far , so good.

Thanks,

I tried for the vinyl look. It turned out ok, but I'm trying to get my layer count down a little better so the paint job looks more natural. I bet some of your restoration work is nice.

I did decent on this one here: Click the link.

My Nova SS

9 hours ago, FrozenRabbit said:

Thanks,

I tried for the vinyl look. It turned out ok, but I'm trying to get my layer count down a little better so the paint job looks more natural. I bet some of your restoration work is nice.

I did decent on this one here: Click the link.

My Nova SS

Outstanding choice on the shade of blue for that SS.  The multi color interior looks great too.

11 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

That usually happens when I get more than one uncompleted build laying around, which is why I took a 3 month break last year. During that time I reprioritized and came back to the bench 3 months later with a plan. So far , so good.

Good plan. Hope you didn't copyright it because I'm stealing it

17 hours ago, JeroenS said:

What works for me: a stash of exactly zero kits! I know myself; having unopened boxes around will just drive me crazy :-)

So complete one, buy one... rinse and repeat. lol