Monogram 1/48 Bell AH-1S Cobra

Hello All,

Just finished this. It's the Monogram 1/48 AH-1S, with Isradecals decals, Werner's Wings resin exhaust and a ton of scratchbuilt additions by me. The kit has been rescribed and all the rivets are Archer Fine Transfers. The final finish is Tamiya XF-59. A full description and more photos are here: https://jonbryon.com/monogram-1-48-bell-ah-1s-cobra/

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Jon

ah1s_08.jpg

ah1s_12.jpg

ah1s_11.jpg

ah1s_15.jpg

ah1s_19.jpg

ah1s_17.jpg

ah1s_33.jpg

ah1s_24.jpg

ah1s_30.jpg

• Like 38

Hi Jon,

All of your hard work has certainly paid off, that's a cracking build of a subject that you don't see very often.

Out of interest, I've been looking at the Archer rivets for a build that I have planned but there are so many different options with rivet sizes and spacing that I couldn't decide which ones to buy - would you mind sharing which ones you used for this build as the finished look of them works just right for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pauly Block said:

Hi Jon,

All of your hard work has certainly paid off, that's a cracking build of a subject that you don't see very often.

Out of interest, I've been looking at the Archer rivets for a build that I have planned but there are so many different options with rivet sizes and spacing that I couldn't decide which ones to buy - would you mind sharing which ones you used for this build as the finished look of them works just right for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul.

Super Job on this Cobra !

I second Pauly's demand about the rivets !

I have to add rivets on one of my kit and I'll be interested to know too !

Really kike that Chopper ! Good job !

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Amazing model Jon. The rivets look extremely convincing. I have heard of these but never tried them, perhaps I will now!

Love the AH-1S, superb subject.

Thanks

Terry

• Like 1

Now that is an excellent model, very well done and painted. You could have gone overboard with weathering and I'm glad you didn't as it looks spot on. The only thing I can see would be the thickness of the exhaust in the forward facing photo. Now you've got your eye in you should think about a bigun👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...