Sabre F.4, XB770/L, No. 4 Sqn, RAF Jever, 1955

The RAF operated the Sabre as a stop-gap measure during the early 50s until enough Hunters had been delivered, as it had become evident that the Meteor was by then obsolete as an air defence fighter.

Although there was one wing in the UK, most RAF Sabres were based in Germany, and flew with cerulean blue undersides. One of the more colourful squadron markings were those of no. 4 squadron which flew the aircraft from RAF Jever. 

fp6qzk.jpg

2uetrty.jpg

2efmg77.jpg

1192o21.jpg

20jmhed.jpg

2myxiiu.jpg

bgur2p.jpg

• Like 27

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Nice model. In the time its taken me to do a little more work on the cockpit of my Airfix F-86, you have completed this one,

Think I am a little slower............I am building a wing fold for a gannet, in that time, hes built those four, plus a Vulcan!!!!!!!  Well done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rayprit said:

Think I am a little slower............I am building a wing fold for a gannet, in that time, hes built those four, plus a Vulcan!!!!!!!  Well done

Thanks!

To be honest though, looking at most of the builds on here it's definitely a case of quality over quantity. I only have enough patience for building pretty much OOB!

3 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Thanks!

To be honest though, looking at most of the builds on here it's definitely a case of quality over quantity. I only have enough patience for building pretty much OOB!

Keep up the good work, the problem with my builds is I have lost interest and prefer to watch people with enthusiasm building, I have a 1/35 Accurate Armour Humber 1 ton with a 25 pounder and limber on the go, 1/35 Firing Line lightweight Land rover, various Centurion Tanks, Saladin, !/25 KFS daimler ferret............and many more, mustnt forget the !/48 RAF Sabre plus the Frog Gannet with a wingfold going on, plus 2 1/48 Wyvens, one with wingfold, one without...all on the go................mojo slide away, but I do enjoy watching various builds.  I am retired now, so I think its having ALL THE TIME in the world to build kits which may have done it.  I am not a river counter, but I can spend hours modifying a kit, just havent the patience to paint them............well, keep building, I need something to read and follow

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

Thanks!

Hmmmmmmm quality over quantity.................be very, very careful?  I notice that as each build progresses your becoming very fussy?  You will find something you dont like about the kit and scratch build a part...........Oh, you already have?  You started on the Vulcan with the intakes and before you knew it, you were chopping and changing parts all over the kit.  Its happening more and more on your builds, your gaining experience and before long, mark my words, people will be asking you for advice :rage:

Your getting to know all about using your Airbrush, how to make decals, "Gloop".................the list is endless...........nice to see you asking for advice, using it and actually photographing your build to show people step by step that your using that advice given to you.  Those photos are helpful to many modellers, new modellers coming into the hobby as reference for when they come to build that kit...........so, in a way, you are already passing on advice to fellow members.  Well done

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ray! I've definitely learnt a lot on this forum which has really helped me tidy up my builds, and get greater accuracy. Some things are a step too far right now, but maybe over time I'll be doing some scratch-building, one day ...

I like to take the photos, like you say if it helps others it's worth doing, or if it means I get some advice. 

• 3 weeks later...