Sea Venom paint colours

Red Dot

hi all,

Can anyone tell me the correct colours to use for a 50's era Sea Venom please?

I think it is sky and extra dark sea grey from the decal instructions but how do they translate into acrylic paint colours (not enamels)?

ta

Andy

Andy,

You're right about the basic colours, EDSG and Sky bus to how that translates to acrylics I can't help, it might help if you let people know which paint brands you favour.

that was fast, thanks.

In terms of brands anything but Humbrol really as i can't be bothered with the small tins for a 1/32 kit! The easist to get hold of round here are Vallejo, Tamiya and even Gunze Mr Color stuff

Andy

17 minutes ago, Red Dot said:

that was fast, thanks.

In terms of brands anything but Humbrol really as i can't be bothered with the small tins for a 1/32 kit! The easist to get hold of round here are Vallejo, Tamiya and even Gunze Mr Color stuff

Andy

I'm a brush painter and haven't really found an acrylic I get on with, that said, have you looked here - the IPMS Stockholm Colour Reference Charts

Go for Gunze if you airbrush, they spray beautifully and IMHO both their EDSG and Sky look the part.

If you are a brush painter, then Vallejo has a good match for EDSG in their standard model colour line, this being 867 Dark Bluegrey. It's the paint I've used on several FAA aircrafts and found it accurate enough to my eyes.

The best acrylic Sky for brush painting I've used is Xtracrilics paint, again I've used this a few times and have always been happy with it