My small Finnish army in unified colours

Hi,

During last couple of months (OK, nearly half a year) I made 8 Finnish machines (Blackburn Ripon, V.L.Pyry, Morko Morane, Fokker CX, Fokker DXXI, V.L. Myrsky II , Shavrov Sh 2 and Gloster Gamecock) . With three I made within previous 45 years (Westland Lysander, Brewster Buffalo and Junkers K 43)  it made all together 11. In last days I re-painted green on those old three to uniform it with what now I am using for Finnish dark green. All of them (including those three in previous too bluish green) were already in past on RFI but I hope you will find them a bit interesting brought together, espacially in uniformed colours:

41542897351_3ea6252c7f_b.jpg

41501872272_38ec32ddcb_b.jpg

41542895711_a7efddd3be_b.jpg

And two more takes of Junkers K-43

26673798397_09c855a68b_b.jpg

41542898391_8cb930d729_b.jpg

Comments welcome

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
mispelling corrections
  • Like 44

Great job on all of these.  Love the Junkers as I don't think I have ever seen one built before. I just finished a 1/48 Morko and the kit decals for the national insignia have the same light blue background as yours, which seemed at odds with the couple other Finish aircraft I have which are white.  This may seem silly as a research technique but I deferred to my wife and she thought the light blue looked better so I went with it.  To see yours makes me feel a lot better about it.

• Like 1

Thank you gents :)

3 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I just finished a 1/48 Morko and the kit decals for the national insignia have the same light blue background as yours, which seemed at odds with the couple other Finish aircraft I have which are white.  This may seem silly as a research technique but I deferred to my wife and she thought the light blue looked better so I went with it.  To see yours makes me feel a lot better about it.

It is better then you think! - you and your wife are right accepting darker background of swastikas :) . Morko Morane were produced from mid-1944 and in early 1944 Finns introduced dimmed background to swastikas (which was then replaced by modern roundels in April 1945). I did not know it either but it went out in discussion, which I started on Finnish markings on the end of WWII - it was on WWII section of BM: 

Cheers

J-W

Very nice collection! Once again I have to applaud your commitment to these less seen subjects and also your dedication to your decades old models. It`s pleasing to see that unlike in the Toy Stoy franchise which was more and more a drama of previously loved yet ultimately discarded toys, your models get restored and shown again.  :D

Edited by Fin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Lovely collection, Jerzy, but you need a Blenheim :poke: :D

24 minutes ago, Convair said:

I agree, truly lovely. In addition to the Blenheim, you may also need a P-36 and a Hurricane ...

Thank you! Indeed I think I need some bimotors. I a, trying to have some proportions between types. Currently I have three Blenhaims (Mk I in Yugoslav colours, Mk IVF in SAAF and Mk V in CC RAF) - so perhaps it should be rather DB 3 or Pe 2... - which I still do not have. Do 17 in winter camo is also temptating but more typical is early Blitzkieg time (Frnace or BoB). So - we will see...

5 hours ago, Fin said:

Very nice collection! Once again I have to applaud your commitment to these less seen subjects and also your dedication to your decades old models. It pleasing to see that unlike in the Toy Stoy franchise which was more and more a drama of previously loved yet ultimately discarded toys, your models get restored and shown again.  :D

Many thanks!

Regards

J-W

52 minutes ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi JWM,

A nice collection.

How was the Gamecock as a kit? I suppose this is the Broplan short-run one.

Ceers,

AaCee

Indeed, this is Broplan. I liked it. Of course this is a short run quality, not just shake box kit ;) . It is rather expensive (like 2 AZ or RS kits or even 4 small Revell or Airfix).  The plastic was nice, but engine has some errors (lost four pins immitating tubes from carburator to cylinders) but anyway I added many details (about 40) to engine. Riging by EZ. I made prop rotable. Decals not from box. I gave a windscreen from A-model Fury (a spare one). Bombs were not included as well as Pitot tube and navi lamps and fuel tubes. What was nice - the struts were precisly of desired lenghts. 

Here are more photos:

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mitch, thank you. I think probably Junkers is my favourite also (still!), it was a serious conversion from MPM W 34 on floats (lower fuselage, different windows, open canopy.... Initially I painted ot too bright green, now it was repaited and I was really worry if I will not destroy it...Here is original colouring:

Cheers

J-W

• 11 months later...
On 18/04/2018 at 20:30, JWM said:

Hi,

During last couple of months (OK, nearly half a year) I made 8 Finnish machines (Blackburn Ripon, V.L.Pyry, Morko Morane, Fokker CX, Fokker DXXI, V.L. Myrsky II , Shavrov Sh 2 and Gloster Gamecock) . With three I made within previous 45 years (Westland Lysander, Brewster Buffalo and Junkers K 43)  it made all together 11. In last days I re-painted green on those old three to uniform it with what now I am using for Finnish dark green. All of them (including those three in previous too bluish green) were already in past on RFI but I hope you will find them a bit interesting brought together, espacially in uniformed colours:

41542897351_3ea6252c7f_b.jpg

41501872272_38ec32ddcb_b.jpg

41542895711_a7efddd3be_b.jpg

And two more takes of Junkers K-43

26673798397_09c855a68b_b.jpg

41542898391_8cb930d729_b.jpg

Comments welcome

Cheers

J-W

Fine collection . Small correction. Rudder on Brewster should be  blue, same colour as on swastika.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Juhannussima said:

Fine collection . Small correction. Rudder on Brewster should be  blue, same colour as on swastika.

Thank you! I followed profile from a book on Finish aviation - so apparently the experts chnged interpretation...

Regards

J-W

4 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Nice collection J-W. For some strange reason I have been building some Polish planes lately

Thank you. Have you shown this Polish set on BM already?

I have just started Beriev MBR2, will be in Finish colours...

Cheers

J-W

14 hours ago, JWM said:

Thank you. Have you shown this Polish set on BM already?

I have just started Beriev MBR2, will be in Finish colours...

Cheers

J-W

J-W sorry no pictures in BM. Will add those when I get my camera to Warsaw.

• Thanks 1