HO3S-1 1/48 AMP

6 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Wonderfull work Michael !

You did great !  Nice Sikorsky, what about the kit, How's the fitting ?

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Thanks. This is nice kit, medium difficult assembly.

Best regards.

Michael.

Fantastic. 

I'm lucky enough to fly a modern helicopter that is just a teensy bit more complex than the HO3S/S-51/Dragonfly was, so it astonishes me what my forebears managed to do with these machines. Your model really looks the part: well-made and nicely finished with a real 'workhorse' appearance.

Jon

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jonners said:

Fantastic. 

I'm lucky enough to fly a modern helicopter that is just a teensy bit more complex than the HO3S/S-51/Dragonfly was, so it astonishes me what my forebears managed to do with these machines. Your model really looks the part: well-made and nicely finished with a real 'workhorse' appearance.

Jon

Thank you very much, John. I hope my next projects will be more realistic.

Best regards.

Michael.

Michael the more I look at your model the more I like it - you said it was medium difficulty - did you have to do much scratch building? - is the holder for the folded rotor blades and rotor hub detail included on the etch?

CJP

• Thanks 1

On 21.04.2018 at 1:04 AM, CJP said:

Michael the more I look at your model the more I like it - you said it was medium difficulty - did you have to do much scratch building? - is the holder for the folded rotor blades and rotor hub detail included on the etch?

CJP

In this model much has been done from scratch. 1) Shutters for cooling the reducer main rotor. 2) the winch has been modified 3) the blades of the main rotor are made in the folded position 4) the blade holder is assembled from brass, by soldering.

Best regards.

Michael.

• Thanks 1