Hello from Kent

Philtheplanetinker

Hi all,

I have been modelling for the last couple of years now after not touching a kit since I was young.

To be honest I joint a forum to learn the "New game" which i did and got lots of help but it seems as though a lot of people have left and also there isn't much content on my favourite field which is aircraft. I might be making a forum taboo by doing this but am just looking for some more inspiration I suppose.

Is this a faux pas? Will I be frowned upon?

Kind regards

Phil

Hi Phil and :welcome: to the forum.  Forum taboo?  Not sure I follow.  Posting about models is what this forum is all about.  It was founded as mainly aircraft, but has since grown to accomodate all genres, and the membership is growing fast too.  Did you mean another forum? :hmmm:

5 hours ago, Philtheplanetinker said:

Hi Mike,

Yes I meant switching forums. More of a bad joke than anything.

I'm with you now :doh: I was doing a dozen things at once when I wrote that, so the humour probably went over my head :drunk:

• Haha 1

Welcome from Canada. I visit a few forums and have seen other people post the same build on the other forums. I don't have an issue with it.

I do know an old limerick about a young man from Kent, but I'll refrain from posting it here. I don't want the ire of Mike dropping down on me.

Chris

Hi Phil and :welcome: from me too! As a Man of Kent myself (although haven't lived in the UK for donkey's) I feel I should say hi! No barriers to modelling discussions here, it is without doubt the best modelling forum on the net!

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hi Phil and :welcome: from me too! As a Man of Kent myself (although haven't lived in the UK for donkey's) I feel I should say hi! No barriers to modelling discussions here, it is without doubt the best modelling forum on the net!

Cheers Mark and thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome so far!

27 minutes ago, pigsty said:

If you want to talk models, there are few places better than here, but if you want to throw in tea and biscuits ... can I interest you in a model club in Kent?

Hi Pigsty, model club? What does that involve then? Not sure I would be good enough to compete if that's what's involved.

Most model clubs are not competition-centric but, sadly, some are.  My local club caters for a variety of ages and abilities and all are welcome to display the fruits of their labours on the Club stand at shows (we’re at Milton Keynes this Sunday coming).  We’re lucky in that, for now, we have a venue where we can sit and glue bits of plastic together whilst having a chat about life, the universe and everything else over a cup of tea or coffee.  We started as somewhere to go for those who couldn’t easily get to or from either of the other local-ish clubs and we’ve attracted members from as far away as Coventry in the past (we’re in Bedford) but Mr. Cameron’s “austerity” has seen the longer-distance members drift away, more’s the pity.

Hi Phil :welcome: to Britmodeller.

Just to endorse what Sean (pigsty) has said, I have been going there a few years now and always enjoy the meeting and get together.

Robert

No we do not have a website, sorry. The club meeting is in Sevenoaks not far from the station on the second Friday of the month, Sean (pigsty) is the club secretary.

Robert

• Thanks 1

And I said all that without my lips moving!

Robert's right, simply turn up and you'll be welcome.  We do have an annual competition, but only because someone dug out an old trophy with three blank shields on it, though I'm sure Robert would tell you something slightly different ...  The rest of the time it's bring what you've bought, bring what you've built, and friendly and helpful chat about this and that.  Sometimes it's about plastic models.

We meet on the second Friday of the month at St Luke's Church Hall, Eardley Road, Sevenoaks TN13 1XT, at 7:30pm.  Our next club night is 11 May and you'll be welcome, but you can catch us at the Milton Keynes show on Sunday if you're up that way.

There are others too: Medway and East Kent, if West Kent isn't your neck of the woods.

• Like 1

Thanks Sean, sevenoakes is a bit of a trek for me to be fair but may look up the east kent one at some stage if I ever get time. My rare free time is when I do my modelling to be honest so sharing my builds on here will have to be good enough for now, and I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers all.

19 hours ago, Philtheplanetinker said:

Sorry Dennis I'm lost?

Ok, got you bit slow there sorry 😂

Couldn't resist Phil. In case you haven't seen it yet in the Chat forum there are a couple of funnies areas. There are a few funny people on BM.:penguin:

DennisTheBear

• Haha 1