1/144 - Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit by AMP - released - Metallic Details PE set

Homebee

45 minutes ago, exdraken said:

There is a Revell offering out there that needs to be beaten in order to allow succesd..... 

That is actually not a particularly high bar.  The Revell kit is a good place to start, but it is an "upgraded" snap-fit kit, with only one bomb-bay "open" (just, the doors fit in a weird

half-open position, and the bay is quite shallow), all control surfaces in the neutral position (which isn't seen on the ground at all, from what I can tell) and simplified detail all around.  It has a good, basic, external shape but that is about all.  It is best used as an "in-flight" model if one does not want to put work into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought and returned this last week. Pretty poor quality casting, seemed like a short shot. The points on the back were pretty warped and there seemed to be a few other points where the flow didn't reach the full extent of the mould. I should have taken pictures. 40GBP for a 1/144 scale kit is a tough ask to me with how much work would be required to get the basic shape correct. Really disappointed as it's one of my favourite aircraft!

• Sad 2

Dedicated Metallic Details PE set - ref. 14438 - Detailing set for aircraft model B-2 Spirit (AMP) in scale 1/144.

Set contains photoetched parts for detailing of exterior, bomb bay and landing gears for aircraft model.

Source: http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/1144/md14438-detailing-set-aircraft-model-b-2-spirit

1-212.jpg

V.P.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This guy gives the AMP the thumbs up.

https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-144-b-2a-spirit-stealth-bomber/

I might get one. 1/144 makes more sense than 1/72 and it's hard to see a 1/72 B-2 without thinking of John Voijtech's masterpiece and knowing it can never be replicated.

BM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1