F-102 431st FIS

Just finished this in time for the sunshine to reach this part of the world which enable me to take some outdoor photos for the first time this year

It is an old boxing of the Monogram F-102 which is still a good kit but tricky to put together. The kit decals were well past their sell by date, which is the risk you take when you buy 2nd(3rd, 4th, 5th??) hand. Shame as the kit scheme was very attractive.

41539151541_b517ef0f2e_b.jpg

Basically out of the box with the fuselage lights opened up and new lens put in.

39730103630_8a559174e2_b.jpg

I used and old Repliscale sheet to produce a machine of the 431st FIS based in Zaragosa, Spain in the early 1960s. I changed the serials and Buzz numbers to portray a picture in one of my references.

41539149351_9c5b52d4cf_b.jpg

As always thanks for looking

• Like 19

The fit of the lower wing and the closed missile door needs a lot of test fitting and careful sanding. The nose door is awkward to attach but other than that it is straightforward it just need a lot of patience.

If you have bought the latest iteration of the kit from Revell be aware that the kit has a Case XX wing with the drooped tips but the decals are for the Case X version with the straight wingtips. Not sure if they corrected it during the production run, so take care.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...