Bf-109 G-6 "Early" - Hasegawa 1/48

Hello from Canada!

Let`s introduce some of my work with one of my last project before my temporary retirement! :)

Here is the old Hasegawa 1/48 kit built 12 years ago! Aires engine & cockpit, True Details wheels, Eduard PE set & Eagle Cals decals. The all riveting work is made by hand with a needle & millimetric paper strips! Few scratch extras like plumbing & electrical lines in engine bay!  « Mickey Mouse » from II/JG5 based at Alakurtti in Finland during spring 1944 & flown by Major Horst Carganico.

IMG_00144.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0045_2.jpg

IMG_0042_2.jpg

IMG_0058_2.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011-1.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_6011.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Hope that you like it! :)

Frank

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

• Frank083 changed the title to Bf-109 G-6 "Early" - Hasegawa 1/48

Beautiful and dedicated work – certainly worth much more than that 25 cents! ;-)

I'm a bit curious about the original camouflage. Was the machine finished in a single grey scheme, or is there in fact a multi colour pattern under all the weathering?

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful and dedicated work – certainly worth much more than that 25 cents! ;-)

I'm a bit curious about the original camouflage. Was the machine finished in a single grey scheme, or is there in fact a multi colour pattern under all the weathering?

Kind regards,

Joachim

Good day Joachim,

thanks a lot for your comments. Concerning the paint scheme, the original pattern consisted of standard RLM 74 &75 as splinter camouflage on top surfaces & mottling of same colors on sides. The underside was a classic RLM 76. Following my research, this machine was later over painted in white to  reproduce a winter camo. The idea here was to replicate some color fading effects by applying the white wash very gently & then scrubbing away major areas of this patchwork in order to slighly see thru the original splinter camouflage. The rest is oil paint filters & washes!😜 with the weathering effects, the all thing turned grey...😁

Frank

• Like 1