Revell 1/32 Spitfire MKll A

Better late than never.... This GB started at whilst my Wife and kids were on Easter holidays, hence I’ve not been able to start it until today. The kit came from my LHS (Salisbury Model Center) and I even got an ex forces discount when I explained it was to be built as part of this GB. My plan at the moment is to build it with the kit decal option for the Kirton in Lyndsey based aircraft, as I’m a Lincolnshire born lad.

So today’s progress hasn’t amounted to much. I’ve glued a wee bit of the cockpit floor and drilled out the lightening holes on the seat frame and the bulkhead. I’ll crack on properly next week when I have a bit more time. 

All Photos-1404

All Photos-1403

• Like 6

Nice one Ade,a lovely kit IMHO,few little fault's noted be those with Knowledge of the Spitfire but I loved building it and for the money is a big chunk

of Kit!

I’m glad I’ve started it, the Easter holidays were a long two weeks with no building! It does look like a great kit and there was no way I was going to pay for the Tamiya one! I’m not to fussed about ultimate accuracy- if it looks like a Spit I’ll be happy. 

• Like 1

Today I was able to make some progress on the Spit. I had issues yesterday with my airbrush and had to get my old single action one out of the loft. I shall be buying a new double action one before I start spraying the camouflage! 

Today I sprayed the cockpit, I’ve started to weather it as well with Flory’s dark dirt wash. I’m still working on applying washes, I’ve yet to find the way that suits me. I’ve ordered an Eduard photoetch to give the ‘pit some life, I like a busy looking cockpit.

All Photos-1408All Photos-1409

All Photos-1410

Thats it for now, more next week. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Massively overdue update.... Life is getting in the way of this build. Work, family and cycling (not in that order!) is taking priority at the moment. I have made some progress though. I purchased the Eduard interior detail kit and it makes a huge difference to the kit, especially in this scale. The seatbelts need a little attention as they’re a bit too new but overall I’m happy.

All Photos-1446

All Photos-1447

All Photos-1448

All Photos-1449

All Photos-1450

• Like 5

12 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Cockpit look's superb Ade.

Thanks Steve. I’d like to claim the credit for but photo etch makes so much difference. 

• 1 month later...

I should apologise for not getting this completed in time. Life and a kitchen refit has pretty much stopped this build. I will finish it but it’ll be a while yet....