Faun SLT 50-3 Elefant

Here's my first completed model, having probably bitten off more than I could chew, there's definitely a few things that aren't right but onwards and upwards. Feedback much appreciated!

JybOAub.jpg?1

WE0MdIx.jpg

Edited by m.webb63
Photos
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, m.webb63 said:

Here's my first completed model, having probably bitten off more than I could chew, there's definitely a few things that aren't right but onwards and upwards. Feedback much appreciated!

hnEr_zOq4LTXATX4n-9SWtQoaK8P-eIKKtYz1dqQ

cJbg-eOLup3HAWKzQx1l_8xaxwAZddh2IVN-9fAo

0pHPtxupd8xf462Lhrqu-cyej3uu2So3z_puP8wC

tr8EWsTPcE6Tr7LiXUAkj6_ExGvwdcIf4nrtObkx

Hmmmm.... methinks u need to read 'how do i post pictures' thread. Click on Browse, click on Forums. It's in Site help and support, FAQs

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

8 hours ago, Badder said:

Hmmmm.... methinks u need to read 'how do i post pictures' thread. Click on Browse, click on Forums. It's in Site help and support, FAQs

Rearguards,

Badder

Hopefully that's sorted, I could see them on my screen so not entirely sure what's happened there. 

• Like 1

Yep, sorted. I can see it now.

That was certainly not 'starting out on the easy stuff!' Not bad though. Not everyone would go for heavy mud and weathering on their first attempt, so hats off to you for that. The mud is pretty good. It's certainly been through some sludge.

I'm not one for smaller scales, far too fiddly for my nerve damaged fingers.

Have you thought about 1/35th scale? They are a bit more accomodating when it comes to getting the weathering looking realistic, using washes, dry-brushing, etc and also for making different textures, like gritty mud, and patches of rust etc.

Reargaurds,

Badder

5 hours ago, Badder said:

Yep, sorted. I can see it now.

That was certainly not 'starting out on the easy stuff!' Not bad though. Not everyone would go for heavy mud and weathering on their first attempt, so hats off to you for that. The mud is pretty good. It's certainly been through some sludge.

I'm not one for smaller scales, far too fiddly for my nerve damaged fingers.

Have you thought about 1/35th scale? They are a bit more accomodating when it comes to getting the weathering looking realistic, using washes, dry-brushing, etc and also for making different textures, like gritty mud, and patches of rust etc.

Reargaurds,

Badder

Thanks Badder, I've got a 1/35th on the bench at the minute and it's a lot easier! 

10 minutes ago, Jim Wasley said:

Great work on your first attempt,no one masters everything first model,and the size you picked is not easy,so well done.Cheers.

Thanks Jim