Going large with a Harrier.......

I've been watching this for a while now and it's been great to see things progress. I too, wouldn't worry about the 'not as bent as the one in the photo' tail fin. Yours is bent enough to show that it isn't just warped plastic or a defective build, but a deliberate representation of an actual bent fin.

Great painting of all the markings BTW.

I love the grass, but wonder if you're going to introduce a bit of variation in colour, length and density?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Admittedly not much done on the kit as such, but I have revisited the base for a better look using a new bit of fur and a nicely sized frame.

28389831907_a20b960c12_c.jpg

• Like 1

Spent an hour experimenting with ideas on how to get the rain water staining done on this and the idea I went with was mixing some Tamiya Rust from one of their weathering kits and watering it down. I then put a drop on the panel I wanted to look a little weather beaten and let gravity do it`s thing. 

Once dry, this was the result. 

42517472685_51ff1da74b_b.jpg 

43421922731_cdd832a48c_b.jpg 

What do you think? 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread, and am delighted to get the 'once in a lifetime' chance to say "You're doing a great job of wrecking that model!" 😉

It must have taken some nerve to do that canopy! The good news is - it's turned out great!

Love the idea of fur for long grass - hadn't thought of that one. I'll put that in the memory banks for later use.

Great work all round on this interesting diorama. Look forward to seeing the final result.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, tc2324 said:

Forgot to mention the finished article was posted on the Ready of Inspection thread last week.

I missed that because it's in the 'Aircraft RFI' rather than Dioramas RFI!

Do I need to be innoculated before going over there?

Rearguards,

Badder

• 3 weeks later...