Special dedicated kit build with sponsor 2018 (The Airfix 1/72 P-51D Mustang) chat

11 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I´ll shop happily @Jadlam anyways. The postage is ok and I´ll ask them to clip away and keep to themselves the paints etc. and send me just the kit. BTW, are the dates already set? V-P

Shouldn't this GB go into the voting for next years GBs?

Cheers, Peter

1 hour ago, Basilisk said:

Shouldn't this GB go into the voting for next years GBs?

How many have signed up for it ?  Since its all the exact same kit it might fall under the Single type group build rules ? If its 25 then Enzo  will place it into the STGB Rotation. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

@Basilisk and @Corsairfoxfouruncle, I´m not good at trying to multiquote, so here´s a citation from the opening post by Jon:

"Enzo and the admins have given special permission to included this in 2018 GB calendar should we get the minimum of 20 people taking part and dates are TBC"

40 members voted in the poll and Jon is now collecting confirmations, so I see no reason this shouldn´t take place :yahoo:. I haven´t built a P-51 since late 1970's :coolio:. Br, V-P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

@Basilisk and @Corsairfoxfouruncle, I´m not good at trying to multiquote, so here´s a citation from the opening post by Jon:

"Enzo and the admins have given special permission to included this in 2018 GB calendar should we get the minimum of 20 people taking part and dates are TBC"

40 members voted in the poll and Jon is now collecting confirmations, so I see no reason this shouldn´t take place :yahoo:. I haven´t built a P-51 since late 1970's :coolio:. Br, V-P

Oops, didn't see that.

Cheers, Peter

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, thepureness said:

Hi Peeps

The Mustang kit is £9 including UK postage. I know it is not much of a discount but for a £10 kit and post free its not too bad a deal.

What I need now is a commitment from members who would like to purchase the kit off jadlam. Please comment below and I can add you to the list. Anyone that already has the kit or will source locally please add your name down too.

I'm in.

although I think I have an Airfix P51D in the stash I'll most likely buy a new one from Jadlam

Please try to have it failry late in the year, perhaps in the 4th quarter time

• Like 1

New Airfix P-51D in 1/72 scale would be a suitable choice? Plenty of operators over the length of service. Various USAAFs ETO/MTO/PTO etc etc, RAF/Commonwealth squadrons and Korea. Then all all the post war operators right through to the Dominican Republic in the early 1980s.....

Variation in colour schemes is the key to the success of this GB, I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Threadbear said:

New Airfix P-51D in 1/72 scale would be a suitable choice? Plenty of operators over the length of service. Various USAAFs ETO/MTO/PTO etc etc, RAF/Commonwealth squadrons and Korea. Then all all the post war operators right through to the Dominican Republic in the early 1980s.....

Variation in colour schemes is the key to the success of this GB, I believe. 

Just seen previous posts.....Mustang seems a popular choice. 

3 minutes ago, Threadbear said:

Just seen previous posts.....Mustang seems a popular choice. 

I`d be interested dependant on the subject matter! 

25 minutes ago, thepureness said:

looking to gather more member to confirm if they are taking part and how many peeps need the kit

If we are going with any edition of the Airfix 72nd scale Mustang kit yes I'm up for it but already have two (well one F-51 kit and the original P-51 boxing with the windsheild and gunsight missing :( ) in the stash so wouldn't be looking to buy another. Sorry Jadlam. Although I have bought from you in the past if that's any consolation?

Ok, just updated this and at the moment I have 12 people onboard with 9 kits required. Anyone else looking to take part, please post that your in and if you require a kit

• Like 1

Guys, everything is looking ok for this to go ahead, after further discussions with other people wanting to take part we are going to adjust the rules so everyone can have some fun.

* Aftermarket parts will now be permitted along with aftermarket decals which were already ok

* You can submit multiple builds if you wish to

* This will be a six week GB and we have been given special permission to be included in the year's calendar

* Hopefully there will be a sponsor related prize to the best build voted by the sponsor.

* The kit that has been voted for is the Airfix 1/72 P-51D Mustang and we'll be all using this kit https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/airfix-a55107-mustang-p51-d-starter-size-1-72-aircraft-model-kit/  which will be provided at a cost of £9 to each member who needs a kit/s.

The date is to be confirmed, I will be speaking to Jadlam over the rest of the week to Iron out the purchase process for getting the kit to members needing one.  

On 5/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

If its the Same plastic in any of the airfix Mustang offerings i can get them from my online distributor no problem. A P-51 Mustang is fine by me i need 10 more for a project anyways. 

Dennis

Hello @thepureness ... Were you ever able to determine the answer to that question ? I haven't seen the Starter kits over here in the U.S. ? Are the standard kits the same sprues as the starter kits ? Or are there differences ? If there are no differences is it ok i use a standard kit ? I would understand if i cant just need to know ? 

Dennis