Special dedicated kit build with sponsor 2018 (The Airfix 1/72 P-51D Mustang) chat

Good morning All

Who could resist a Mustang Gb ? not me for sure I will try to make a start next week end with this boxing

180824084731440568.jpg

But I still have to choose the markings ..

Patrice

• Like 1

I like the builds so far everyone that is taking part, I'm currently working on a magazine review of a 1/48 jet aircraft, but I'll be at the stage soon where I can leave it to one side for a few days to dry and settle so I can break mine out to work on.

I know I'm late but if you'll indulge me, I've got a very good reason.  At least to my mind.

In the interest of full disclosure, I actually started work on my A01004A kit back on the 11th when this group build started.  But since this would be my first group build and my first build of any kind after a hiatus from modeling for the last 22 years or so, I wanted to be sure that I had a reasonable hope of completing the unusual subject I had in mind.  At least without terminally embarrassing myself.  After various fits and starts, practice assemblies, and two extra kits just to try to get an intact control column, I'm fairly confident that I can actually get this completed without it becoming an unidentifiable lump of plastic.

Given the above, do you mind if I take a seat at the table?  :please:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 8:45 AM, vppelt68 said:

No worries Jon, sometimes we got the time and sometimes we do not. V-P

I've just taken a new job as a Funeral Director and a load of time spend on training, and it is a job you need to put 100% of your time in to get it right.

Sometimes things like this are more important than modelling. 

• Like 1

Respect. In your job you will meet people at their most fragile moment as they have just lost their loved one. Takes a lot of character but no doubt you'll be doing fine, Jon. Best regards, V-P

P.S. Why not ask the GB host an extension, maybe one week would be enough?

On 9/19/2018 at 7:42 PM, vppelt68 said:

Respect. In your job you will meet people at their most fragile moment as they have just lost their loved one. Takes a lot of character but no doubt you'll be doing fine, Jon. Best regards, V-P

P.S. Why not ask the GB host an extension, maybe one week would be enough?

I am the host!!!

On another note, last day today everyone, get your kits finished if you can and uploaded on the gallery, we have had some great builds so far

• Haha 3

Gotta laugh, I found some decals in the stash yesterday that made me think of joining in this GB. Had a look in here today with the intention of maybe kicking off and et voila, too bloomin' late. Story of me loife. Never mind, I'll do it on me own time, sometime.

Nice to see so many completed and in the gallery, and so much good work, too.

1 hour ago, Rob G said:

Gotta laugh, I found some decals in the stash yesterday that made me think of joining in this GB. Had a look in here today with the intention of maybe kicking off and et voila, too bloomin' late. Story of me loife. Never mind, I'll do it on me own time, sometime.

Nice to see so many completed and in the gallery, and so much good work, too.

Its over a year away, but there is a P-51 STGB on the horizon......if you can wait that long. :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beggsy said:

Its over a year away, but there is a P-51 STGB on the horizon......if you can wait that long. :)

I have plenty of Mustangs, however in a year I won't have access to them (hopefully). Planning some travel. Never mind, it's only a model. :)

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Enzo Matrix Please remove the last photo from my Gallery entry. The photo with all 3 aircraft. Im under the impression it has upset others. I would do it myself but the gallery is locked ? 

Dennis

I can´t see how that pic could upset anyone, have you received nasty PM regarding it? That would in my opinion be unexpected and most of all very uncommon here at Britmodeller. It´s a fine pic that gives some perspective in your build as part of a bigger project. Just keep it and keep happy :smile:! Best regards, V-P

P.S: I did the very same with my two Hurricanes

• Like 1