Special dedicated kit build with sponsor 2018 (The Airfix 1/72 P-51D Mustang) chat

3 hours ago, Philtheplanetinker said:

As I have only been a member a couple of weeks would I qualify?

Cheers

Phil

This is the Britmodeller, which means your very first post would qualify you to do all the possible stunts here, except buy and sell. No ranks or pecking orders :yahoo:

V-P

• Like 4

i'll let this run till Sunday evening then i'll put a vote up for the kit for us to build and a rough price for people wishing to purchase from jadlam

• Like 3

On 4/18/2018 at 6:26 PM, thepureness said:

Few things I want to cover with this GB

* International members that want to take part but would like to source the kit locally, then that is all good

* Anyone that already has the kit in their stash and would like to take part, then that is all good too.

* Aftermarket decals are fine

Some people's budget or SWMBO might not warrant spending even £25-£30..........

This is the key for me. 

I really cannot warrant (to SWMBO, myself, children and potential Grandchildren born within the next 10 years+..) buying anymore on kits!

But I'm not against the principle and I'm sure everyone who takes part will enjoy themselves.

I also like to thank Jadlam for offering to do this for us.

Top seller!

Rick.

• Like 2

Hi everyone

I'm now going to get a poll put up for some of the kits suggested and then me and Jadlam will take it from there

• Like 4

Poll with go up shortly with these 6 kits as the option

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire

Airfix 1/72 Mustang

Airfix 1/72 Typhoon

Airfix 1/72 Stuka

Revell 1/72 Hunter

Tamiya 1/48 BF-109

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So people the votes are in and the results are below, but there is a little hitch.

Results are as follows

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire I Votes 7

Airfix 1/72 P-51D Mustang votes 20

Airfix 1/72 Hawker Typhoon Mk1 Votes 17

Airfix 1/72 Ju-87 Stuka Votes 14

Revell 1/72 Hunter Votes 11

Tamiya 1/48 Bf109G Votes 8

I've been waiting for Russ at Jadlam to get back off holiday to give me the break down on prices.

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire - Looking at A02017a or A02102 - £8.50 each delivered. 

Airfix 1/72 Mustang - A01004a - out of stock with no expected date at the moment. 

Airfix 1/72 Typhoon - A02041 - £8.50 each delivered. 

Airfix 1/72 Stuka - A03089 - £10.50 each delivered. 

Revell 1/72 Hunter - Revell 3908 - £14 each delivered. 

Tamiya 1/48 Bf109G TBC

You will see we now have a little disaster which has put a little spanner in the works with the Mustang going out of stock during the voting stages and unable to give a restock date. I have looked at the possibility of replacing it with https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/airfix-a55107-mustang-p51-d-starter-size-1-72-aircraft-model-kit/ and seeing if that should do the trick and waiting for a reply. 

• Like 3

Hi Peeps

The Mustang kit is £9 including UK postage. I know it is not much of a discount but for a £10 kit and post free its not too bad a deal.

What I need now is a commitment from members who would like to purchase the kit off jadlam. Please comment below and I can add you to the list. Anyone that already has the kit or will source locally please add your name down too.

I´ll shop happily @Jadlam anyways. The postage is ok and I´ll ask them to clip away and keep to themselves the paints etc. and send me just the kit. BTW, are the dates already set? V-P