Gannet bomb bay colour

Meatbox8

8 minutes ago, 71chally said:

The British AS versions were finished in the external colour, Sky.

Great.  Thanks.  Definitely not Panzer Grey then!?

I'll be honest I'm sure what Panzer Grey is, but I doubt it.  The Fairey spec drawings definitely state the use of the external colour, whether the export variants differ from this I don't know.

Sounds like good ole Revell paint guides!

13 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I'll be honest I'm sure what Panzer Grey is, but I doubt it.  The Fairey spec drawings definitely state the use of the external colour, whether the export variants differ from this I don't know.

Sounds like good ole Revell paint guides!

I wondered whether it was Revell's near equivalent to to Light Aircraft Grey or something but I have to say I was sceptical that it would be that colour.  I thought it would either be Sky or silver, so thanks for the clarification. 

4 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

"My" Gannet

Pics by me, posted by my thieving offspring

Thanks so much for that.  The best reference material I have seen by far.  To plagiarise a line from Blade Runner 'Gosh, you've really got some nice toys here'.  Is that a Lincoln nose section to the right?  Interesting that the pilot seat in the Gannet is a different colour to the other crews'.  Looks like Revell have done a reasonable job with the bomb bay but it's not as 'busy' as the real thing.  When you say 'offspring'  do you mean Venom Vixen?  I haven't seen a post from her for ages.  I really enjoyed her pithy comments. 

• Like 2