Wingnut Wings Junkers D.1

Viking

Just a 'heads up' if you are not in the habit of visiting the review section.

We have received an advance copy of the new Junkers J.1 due to be released in 10 days time. Every effort has been made to get the review out ASAP. Here it is.

As expected, it is a little beauty!

• Like 2

Excellent review John thank you and I am looking forward to receiving mine as soon as Duncan (Black Mike) gets them in stock.

It looks to be a cracker of a kit despite some of the negativity concernig the actual subject itself.

Gary

• Like 1

Thanks for reviewing this one, John - good review and I can't wait to hold of mine now which is currently on pre release order with Hannants.

I must be one of the rare individuals who actually really likes the subject matter.   I actually think this is a shrewd release from WNW.   

Regards

Dave

Thanks for the review John the moulding of the interior framework is particularly impressive. One of the criticisms the 1:48 Roden kit had was the lack of corrugated effect on the fuselage interior. Wingnut Wings seem to have accounted for this.

Hannants have it due in on the 24th April.

Look forward to seeing one built up soon.

Mark

On 17/04/2018 at 6:49 PM, Epeeman said:

Thanks for reviewing this one, John - good review and I can't wait to hold of mine now which is currently on pre release order with Hannants.

I must be one of the rare individuals who actually really likes the subject matter.   I actually think this is a shrewd release from WNW.   

Regards

Dave

I too really like this subject Dave, and it will go well with one of my favourite WNW  builds the Junkers J1. 

It looks like another excellent kit.  

• Like 1

Great review John many thanks.  I've always had a liking for WW1 aircraft and have been drawn to the WNW kits two of which I've recently bought and added to my stash. I'm now busily researching anything WNW, looking at builds and techniques in preparation for building my kits, you're build logs and reviews are extremely helpful :yes:     

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dave Batt said:

gone very quiet on this kit recently.  Any news on when it might become available?

It has been available since April 24th. All the usual retailers have it in stock - Wingnut Wings themselves, The big H, Thunderbird models, several Ebay vendors, and my 'go to' supplier for all things WnW, Duncan at blackmikemodels.co.uk. No doubt there are several others.

HTH

John

On 5/20/2018 at 6:59 AM, Dave Batt said:

gone very quiet on this kit recently.  Any news on when it might become available?

I have been told by my Distributor that his stock is arriving by ship in 5 days time then has to clear Customs before being shipped out to me so it looks like I will be posting out to customers at the end of the month.

Duncan B